MotoGP

SeaBee

Jorge Lorenzo

"About the race, it's unbelievable that Iannone made this mistake again and when he did, instead of saying "sorry" he asked me if I had an engine failure or something strange happening in this corner. I thought it was his fault, but he had this reaction and didn't say sorry. There is always one rider that doesn't understand the risks and that his actions can seriously injure the other riders and if Race Direction don't give him a hard penalisation, like they did with me in 2005, these kinds of riders don't understand that they have to change their mentality. That's why I think starting the race from last position is not enough, because in five to seven laps he will be positioned at the front again due to his pace."

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jorge Lorenzo

"About the race, it's unbelievable that Iannone made this mistake again and when he did, instead of saying "sorry" he asked me if I had an engine failure or something strange happening in this corner. I thought it was his fault, but he had this reaction and didn't say sorry. There is always one rider that doesn't understand the risks and that his actions can seriously injure the other riders and if Race Direction don't give him a hard penalisation,
like they did with me in 2005,
these kinds of riders don't understand that they have to change their mentality. That's why I think starting the race from last position is not enough, because in five to seven laps he will be positioned at the front again due to his pace."

So he also took people out... He should know that these things happen. He really is a bit of a wet blanket.

If Iannone's data shows what he says it show, then you cant really argue with it.

So either Jorge went in slower or Iannone is blatantly lying.

With Jorge going backwards the way he was and the way hos front tyre was looking, there is no ways he was going into the corners at normal pace, so I know which version I tend to beleive.

Edit: And again he is calling for other riders to be penalised.

Edited by Patchelicious

Until the next talent comes along. There is always somebody faster....

Am I allowed to say that I am seriously hoping that Binder continues to impress the way he currently is! Plus the KTM program is certainly gathering momentum in racing spheres! You only need to look back through the past 6 years of the AMA motocross setup to see how specific and custom their focus on their racing program has been to ensure they take on the bigger brands at the pinnacle of the sport! Keen to see how this translates into their road teams too.

So he also took people out... He should know that these things happen. He really is a bit of a wet blanket.

If Iannone's data shows what he says it show, then you cant really argue with it.

So either Jorge went in slower or Iannone is blatantly lying.

With Jorge going backwards the way he was and the way hos front tyre was looking, there is no ways he was going into the corners at normal pace, so I know which version I tend to beleive.

Edit: And again he is calling for other riders to be penalised.

Whilst I generally think Whore-gey is such a loss for the sport, to have that much ability and that little personality and I'm typically more than eager enough to see him lose out on the marginal circumstances, you gotta give the chap who runs into you from behind the majority of the blame, irrespective of what pace you were running at the time. It's not like you're invisible or (even more video game like) a ghost bike running laps transposed. You're right there in front of the 'maniac'! AI needs to engage his thoughts better and faster, so that he does not make these obviously uncalculated errors in judgement!

JL should either be a rider or an official. His PR team REALLY need to spend some time with the dude and reinvent his image!!!!

Whilst I generally think Whore-gey is such a loss for the sport, to have that much ability and that little personality and I'm typically more than eager enough to see him lose out on the marginal circumstances, you gotta give the chap who runs into you from behind the majority of the blame, irrespective of what pace you were running at the time. It's not like you're invisible or (even more video game like) a ghost bike running laps transposed. You're right there in front of the 'maniac'! AI needs to engage his thoughts better and faster, so that he does not make these obviously uncalculated errors in judgement!

JL should either be a rider or an official. His PR team REALLY need to spend some time with the dude and reinvent his image!!!!

I actually agree, JL couldnt see behind him.

As for his image, he makes me think of a piece of bland chewed up chewing gum, stuck to the bottom of your school desk.

With respect.

He's no wet blanket. A rider died THIS weekend and you have Ianone taking other riders out. They aren't racing BMX's. The bikes are heavy and they make a LOT of power. You can't have people riding around with a lack of respect for others. It makes something that is already dangerous even more dangerous.

He's not my fave rider but he is a multi time world champion and should be respected as such.

Edited by Duane_Bosch

With respect.

He's no wet blanket. A rider died THIS weekend and you have Ianone taking other riders out. They aren't racing BMX's. The bikes are heavy and they make a LOT of power. You can't have people riding around with a lack of respect for others. It makes something that is already dangerous even more dangerous.

He's not my fave rider but he is a multi time world champion and should be respected as such.

Ah come on Duane, JL is the cover boy for wet blankets! The first opportunity he gets to cry foul and use the media to ask for greater sanction, he takes it. When do you ever see or hear of him out engaging with the people who follow the sport? Granted, his style of riding typically allows him to pole and only have to actually battle with the odd contender coming from behind as he tries to blitz the start and make up a buffer zone to where the racing is going on! He certainly does not seem to handle situations that require him to actually attempt to make a result out of a situation where the bike is not performing as it should! Kudos to him for having the skills to ride both a hot quali lap and do many repetitive ones in the actual race which is his typical MO. It has made him a successful rider.

And no one is going to disagree on the emotional situation of everyone competing at the weekend's GP with LS39 paying the ultimate price. This can be dealt with as an on-track racing incident though!

I think that determination and focus is there already. he is also showing the maturity to know when its time to settle.

VR may very well never win his 10th title but MM has the years in his favour to do just that, and more.

I dont know, if he rides like he did yesterday...he might still get there, he is not showing any lack of pace at the moment or lack of hunger to win

I think AI is 100% at fault .

We all saw how quick he caught JL ..... He saw it even better than we did .

He should have realised he was WAY faster and just waited 4 corners and then bombed JL down the straight ...

Unfortunately he is a "Maniac " and lived up to his reputation .....

Dont know if they have been posted but I will just leave it here, to view, or leave it ... its your choice

A new Series from the "The Doctor"

With respect.

Understood.

The rider that passed, affected ALL the riders, not just JL.

My comments about being a wet blanket didnt manifest from this race alone, he has been a bit of a nana for ages. Nobody doubts his skills, as with MM, I have always said they are fantastic riders, the best! But JL's personality..... eugh.

He is good at what he does, and is respected for that, but he wont be invited to a braai at my place. His nicname should be "The Accountant" :)

Understood.

My comments about being a wet blanket didnt manifest from this race alone, he has been a bit of a nana for ages. Nobody doubts his skills, as with MM, I have always said they are fantastic riders, the best! But JL's personality..... eugh.

He is good at what he does, and is respected for that, but he wont be invited to a braai at my place. His nicname should be "The Accountant" :)

Oi! nothing wrong with us accountants

Understood.

He is good at what he does, and is respected for that, but he wont be invited to a braai at my place. His nicname should be "The WET BLANKET" :)

Fixed it :thumbup:

WHAT A RACE!!!

And yeah, totally Iannone's fault. There may have been a massive speed differential due to Lorenzo's "tyres" giving up on him, but it was still a reckless move.