MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always maintain that testing is testing, and racing is racing, but the race sims ran by Vinales and Marquez over the winter tests are frightening. Throw in a fierce and fiesty Bautista in the early laps, Pedrosa with some form it appears, Dovi and Lorenzo, Iannone on occasion, and whilst it hasn't showed, I'm sure Rossi will catch up as well (and might even be holding back). I think we're in for a couple of big scraps, because even if one of the two Spanish youngsters manage to get a gap, the other will most certainly try their damnest to close it down. And we all know that neither will back off from a fight.

Giddy!

Edited by bertusras

• 2 weeks later...

Okay well this is a bloody joke! When you click on Live Timing, you go to this screen

http://i.imgur.com/mvO1YHT.png

Upon which you click Subscribe, and you get this screen

http://i.imgur.com/0MNl15k.png

Get f****** Dorna! This is pathetic. We had live timing for gratis, forever, and now we need to pay R250 for it? No.

Okay well this is a bloody joke! When you click on Live Timing, you go to this screen

http://i.imgur.com/mvO1YHT.png

Upon which you click Subscribe, and you get this screen

http://i.imgur.com/0MNl15k.png

Get f****** Dorna! This is pathetic. We had live timing for gratis, forever, and now we need to pay R250 for it? No.

Just follow the live timing on crash.net.

Site is going a bit backward with all the advertisements but still free.

I am going to try and see if I can find any coverage on Kodi.

Just follow the live timing on crash.net.

Site is going a bit backward with all the advertisements but still free.

I am going to try and see if I can find any coverage on Kodi.

AdBlock takes care of any supposed adverts.

And if you type a few select keywords into Google you'll find plenty of opportunities to watch the FP sessions.

Vinales picking things up where he left off, as did Folger! Jorge the fastest Ducati thus far.

Aaarrgggg, still so far until Sunday!!!

Vinales picking things up where he left off, as did Folger! Jorge the fastest Ducati thus far.

Aaarrgggg, still so far until Sunday!!!

Early days still. See the forums are full of hopeful Rossi fans. He is going to have a tough year with Vinales as a teammate

Early days still. See the forums are full of hopeful Rossi fans. He is going to have a tough year with Vinales as a teammate

Am I the only one thinking (and yes I am a Rossi fan) that his championship winning days are passed BUT that he will still put on a good show and show the youngsters the way round at least a few times this year?

Am I the only one thinking (and yes I am a Rossi fan) that his championship winning days are passed BUT that he will still put on a good show and show the youngsters the way round at least a few times this year?

In his pre-season testing interviews he pretty much says his title challenge will be next year. This year is going to be a Marquez/Vinales fest I reckon. The Dukes will be there and a couple of other surprises. Rossi WILL be up there but his race sims were not impressive. Top 5 but not race winning pace.

But everything changes on race day. You can be quick but you must finish. I think this is where Marquez has matured and I think Vinales may find himself pushing too much with a number of DNF's.

Cannot wait for the talk to finish and the racing to begin though!!!

The world is full of Rossi fans, he has amassed a fan based multiple times bigger than anybody else ever has, through more than 20 years of hard riding, winning world champs, feuds, and being kinda cool about it..... of course a few of them will be on the forums and of course they are hopeful that the person that they have faithfully supported over many years can pull out a few wins in his twighlight years.

In his pre-season testing interviews he pretty much says his title challenge will be next year. This year is going to be a Marquez/Vinales fest I reckon. The Dukes will be there and a couple of other surprises. Rossi WILL be up there but his race sims were not impressive. Top 5 but not race winning pace.

But everything changes on race day. You can be quick but you must finish. I think this is where Marquez has matured and I think Vinales may find himself pushing too much with a number of DNF's.

Cannot wait for the talk to finish and the racing to begin though!!!

agreed on Marquez maturing. Started to see signs of it last year... If he can get his race-craft right, he'll be unstoppable IMO. 

But - as ever - Rossi is the ultimate craftsman. Letting other people go, racing when he needs to and waiting for them to stuff up, which they invariably do. He's also still got very good race pace. Seems his mind is still very well attuned to racing vs practicing and qualifying. 

Vinales - I reckon he'll give Rossi a good run this year, which could actually result in Rossi getting yet faster. But I don't think it'll result in the same sort of frostiness that Lorenzo brought in. Jorge still, to me, seems a bit of a petulant child. I'm of the opinion that their personalities are utterly incompatible... 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

agreed on Marquez maturing. Started to see signs of it last year... If he can get his race-craft right, he'll be unstoppable IMO. 

But - as ever - Rossi is the ultimate craftsman. Letting other people go, racing when he needs to and waiting for them to stuff up, which they invariably do. He's also still got very good race pace. Seems his mind is still very well attuned to racing vs practicing and qualifying. 

Vinales - I reckon he'll give Rossi a good run this year, which could actually result in Rossi getting yet faster. But I don't think it'll result in the same sort of frostiness that Lorenzo brought in. Jorge still, to me, seems a bit of a petulant child. I'm of the opinion that their personalities are utterly incompatible... 

Have seen different testing race sims...... He is a good 0.4 to 0.5 off the ultimate pace, but will be good scrapping with Pedrosa, Crutchlow, etc. They are all closely matched.

Lorenzo is tough to get along with I believe, very meticulous. He is Spanish though.

I think Marquez has great race craft, just watch the ill-fated Phillip Island race of 2015 that sparked all the controversy that led to the Sepang "incident".

Have seen different testing race sims...... He is a good 0.4 to 0.5 off the ultimate pace, but will be good scrapping with Pedrosa, Crutchlow, etc. They are all closely matched.

Lorenzo is tough to get along with I believe, very meticulous. He is Spanish though.

I think Marquez has great race craft, just watch the ill-fated Phillip Island race of 2015 that sparked all the controversy that led to the Sepang "incident".

Personally, I reckon Rossi "switches on" for the racing. Sorta like he's not running @ 100% in the testing or sims, or he's able to assess stuff at a slightly lower pace than the others due to his experience. 

Marquez - agreed he has the aggressive side of the race craft sorted, but in order to be fully rounded he also needs to know how to hang back and attack when the time is right. That's what I mean by maturing - knowing when to do what instead of balls to the wall all the time. He's learning that side of htings, now... 

Read an article this am that all the teams will be supplied both front's and rear's in hard, medium and soft (all 3) compounds this season? Can anyone confirm?