13:30 - 14:30 SS8 MotoGP: GP de Catalunya MotoGP

20:00 - 21:00 SS5 MotoGP: GP de Catalunya MotoGP

Shot Bro. Tomorrow it is then

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So where do you guys stand on the JL/AI incident.

I see Iannone was unapologetic, accused JL of being much slower than normal and the he in fact braked exactly the same as before.

Apparently JL's data shows he wasn't slower......

This race was great if only for the fact that surrounding the tragic weekend it seems MM and VR have at least decided to bury the hatchett, for now.

Also interesting that VR said in his interview that he has greeted JL and initiated conversation and it seems the animosity is fro JL. No replay yet from JL but this is interesting.....

I see Iannone was unapologetic, accused JL of being much slower than normal and the he in fact braked exactly the same as before.

This race was great if only for the fact that surrounding the tragic weekend it seems MM and VR have at least decided to bury the hatchett, for now.

Also interesting that VR said in his interview that he has greeted JL and initiated conversation and it seems the animosity is fro JL. No replay yet from JL but this is interesting.....

Think it's Rossi who decided to bury the hatchet finally ... wonder if it would have been the same if MM won. And now suddenly he will try to attend the Safety meetings?

AI needs a race penalty, or even 2 race penalties. As his leathers says, he is a maniac, trying dumb moves, like Vinales yesterday. He should have gone for the the outside line when he saw he was going to smash into JL, not the inside.

Edited by Kraggie

Think it's Rossi who decided to bury the hatchet finally ... wonder if it would have been the same if MM won. And now suddenly he will try to attend the Safety meetings?

AI needs a race penalty, or even 2 race penalties. As his leathers says, he is a maniac, trying dumb moves, like Vinales yesterday. He should have gone for the the outside line when he saw he was going to smash into JL, not the inside.

They always say the "maniac'" moniker is just a interpretation issue. In his case it is supposed to represent his OCD nature, apparently. But yes, he needs a stronger penalty, starting at the back he will be top 5 by the first bend with that Ducati power. A race ban would've been better considering it was a carbon copy of his Argentina move.

As for the hatchet burial, I think it would have been very different had MM won, it's a lot easier to be gracious in victory than in defeat.

Vinales was rough but he didn't endanger anybody, he was really struggling with acceleration and was trying to get it all back under braking it seemed.

Cruthchlow stayed on for the whole race:)

And damn Aprilia did well too with both riders, Bautista had massive problems, started dead last and finished 8th!!!

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

AI definitely at fault, see he will start back of the grid next race.

MM actually rode a great race in my eyes, settled for points after nearly seeing is gat a few times.

Well done Brad, can you believe I had to leave the Moto3 race with 8 laps to go??? Well at least the kids enjoyed the party.

And in other news, Cam Petersen gets a 3rd and 4th in USA. And Matt Scholtz get 3rd and DNF (Taken Out) in the Superstock race in USA.

AI definitely at fault, see he will start back of the grid next race.

MM actually rode a great race in my eyes, settled for points after nearly seeing is gat a few times.

Well done Brad, can you believe I had to leave the Moto3 race with 8 laps to go??? Well at least the kids enjoyed the party.

And in other news, Cam Petersen gets a 3rd and 4th in USA. And Matt Scholtz get 3rd and DNF (Taken Out) in the Superstock race in USA.

Jeez, how was the slo-mo video of his front end wash out over the curb. How the &*%$ did he save that!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bqc7pZRCnZA

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Yeah - anybody doubting MM's raw talent needs their head checked. He just needs to keep it under control. 

Can you imagine MM with Rossi's determination and focus?!

I think that determination and focus is there already. he is also showing the maturity to know when its time to settle.

VR may very well never win his 10th title but MM has the years in his favour to do just that, and more.

Ianonne is a big fat  BOX .....

Rides like a clown all the time .

Needs a race ban , not just a grid penalty .

VR46 and MM were on it yesterday .

Great race .

RIP LS39

I think that determination and focus is there already. he is also showing the maturity to know when its time to settle.

VR may very well never win his 10th title but MM has the years in his favour to do just that, and more.

Until the next talent comes along. There is always somebody faster....

AI was naughty, unfortunately he had committed to tipping the bike over. Anybody who has ever ridden a bike in a race situation, will know that once you have started tipping it over, you cant just pick it up without releasing the brakes a bit. So he must have seen that prang coming from a mile away. He should get a penalty that is inline with the rules.

Yes, we can all speculate that it is easier to be gracious in victory than defeat, but fact is that it was VR who made the first steps to burying the hatchets, so kudos to him. It was good to see MM accepting the hand shake, and I gained some respect for him from that. Also, we saw a good step in maturity from him. He didnt just settle for second, he first tried to win, hard, but when he saw that the Oupa was giving him a spanking, he settled for points. He wouldnt have done that last year. I like that!

As for JL, its racing bud, sometimes things happen that you cannot help, its how you deal with those things that define you. Tantrums just make it worse.

Andrea Iannone: “I am very sorry for what happened with Lorenzo because I was doing a good race with the limited grip I had. I was riding well and pushing hard, without making any errors, and had even managed to catch Jorge. As for the incident, I can only say that I could do nothing to avoid it: I braked at the same point as all the previous laps but he was very slow at that moment and unfortunately I made contact with him and we both crashed. It might seem that I came in too fast and that I wanted to pass him but that’s not the way it went and we got the confirmation of this by analyzing the telemetry data.”