MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. What would stop it to a degree is the steering dampers... 

You mean vaginas for your handle bars!! Nothing loosens your stool like getting a slapper up Helshoogte :)

Front end tucks I was talking about.

Before, guys crashed due to rear end "failures" too, electronics put a stop to this, now front end tucks are the first point of failures. This has also changed the type of rider that finds success.

Before, if you were a front end talented rider, you found success in 250s, some built whole careers out of this. Those same type of guys can now find success in 500s too, sorry I mean MotoGP :)

Stoner had a huge slapper on the Honda at Motegi couple of years ago, which caused the pads to move away from the discs when he climbed on the brakes and went off.

My CBR 1000 had an electronic damper on, it took away the worst shakes, but now and again it still shook quite alot, more than you would want over some rough pavement etc. at slow speeds. The idea was that the damper would become more and more restrictive as the speeds got higher. Most guys did not like the elec damper though in the tests.

Best thing for a slapper ... open the gas and get the wheel off the ground. Not that your brain wants to do that once it starts ...

One word that we use a lot less than we did in the late 80s and early 90s.... "highside".

The last one was when MM cut that wire on DP's bike ... so it's the era of the low side now. What a bunch of wusses.

Stoner had a huge slapper on the Honda at Motegi couple of years ago, which caused the pads to move away from the discs when he climbed on the brakes and went off.

My CBR 1000 had an electronic damper on, it took away the worst shakes, but now and again it still shook quite alot, more than you would want over some rough pavement etc. at slow speeds. The idea was that the damper would become more and more restrictive as the speeds got higher. Most guys did not like the elec damper though in the tests.

Best thing for a slapper ... open the gas and get the wheel off the ground. Not that your brain wants to do that once it starts ...

Stock standard well tuned Ohlins damper, predictable and functional.

I remember having a HUGE lock to lock slapper on my TL1000R a few years back. Only thing that saved me was the bump that causee it, managed to hoist the front on the throttle and I just pinned it. Straightened itself by the time it landed, by no skill from my side I reckon. Stopped at the next fuel station just to get my wits back. Seriously scary moment!!

I did High-side a GSXR1100 on cold tires, have the collarbone break to prove it. Damper helped bugger all there.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

I remember having a HUGE lock to lock slapper on my TL1000R a few years back. Only thing that saved me was the bump that causee it, managed to hoist the front on the throttle and I just pinned it. Straightened itself by the time it landed, by no skill from my side I reckon. Stopped at the next fuel station just to get my wits back. Seriously scary moment!!

I did High-side a GSXR1100 on cold tires, have the collarbone break to prove it. Damper helped bugger all there.

I call BS, no ways a TL could lift the front wheel under its own power :ph34r:

Just watched Moto3 from Jerez yesterday. What a race and I am so stoked the BBinder finally got that first win under his belt. What a ride!

still got Moto2 and Gp to watch this weekend.

I call BS, no ways a TL could lift the front wheel under its own power :ph34r:

1st and 2nd off the throttle.

It was not standard though.

Leo Vince system, power commander, air filter box mod, retard eliminator.... Did it pretty easily actually.

To get us back to te MotoGP... was impressed with how MM has shown some maturity this season, taking a long view on the championship and acccepting his 3rd place. JL on the on the other hand making excuses for his 2nd place because of tyres being slick, and that is why he couldnt catch Rossi (everybody had that problem, even Rossi). The difference was Rossi did 20 laps during the practice rides to see what the tyres would be like instead trying to be numero uno...what a master and it showed

To get us back to te MotoGP... was impressed with how MM has shown some maturity this season, taking a long view on the championship and acccepting his 3rd place. JL on the on the other hand making excuses for his 2nd place because of tyres being slick, and that is why he couldnt catch Rossi (everybody had that problem, even Rossi). The difference was Rossi did 20 laps during the practice rides to see what the tyres would be like instead trying to be numero uno...what a master and it showed

I dont think he settled for 3rd, he just wasnt fast enough to catch the rest... Thats like the guy coming 10th saying: "yeah I settled for 10th, for the points you know".

But lets hope he starts maturing, because if he does, and I have said this before, he could become one of the greatest cause he damn fast, no matter how much he annoys me.

Edited by Patchelicious

I dont think he settled for 3rd, he just wasnt fast enough to catch the rest... Thats like the guy coming 10th saying: "yeah I settled for 10th, for the points you know".

But lets hope he starts maturing, because if he does, and I have said this before, he could become one of the greatest cause he damn fast, no matter how much he annoys me.

Uh no, he would have ended up in the kitty litter trying to get 2nd in the past.

Uh no, he would have ended up in the kitty litter trying to get 2nd in the past.

That would've meant passing his BFF.... He prefers being the tail gunner!  :devil:  :devil:  :ph34r:  :whistling:

The kid is ridiculously fast! Couldn't help myself but shout for him in his first GP season, but sadly I've soured to his sportmanship efforts in latter seasons, despite his riding skill!