MotoGP

SeaBee

Well yeah that's exactly the thing. The 2017 chassis isn't great, so rather leave Zarco on what he knows and excels with (2016), give MV both 2018 chassis to allow for more setup time, and pray that MvdM doesn't bin the current 2017 frames.

Don't understand the MvdM decision. Surely they need constructors points too, then a test rider would be better surely. No point keeping a WSBK rider happy with his once off shot but he ends up out of the points anyway.

Just think Yamaha dropped the ball. Even missing running someone at Misano was stupid even though they are given a 10 day grace period with regards to finding a substitute..

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand the MvdM decision. Surely they need constructors points too, then a test rider would be better surely. No point keeping a WSBK rider happy with his once off shot but he ends up out of the points anyway.

Just think Yamaha dropped the ball. Even missing running someone at Misano was stupid even though they are given a 10 day grace period with regards to finding a substitute..

Agreed, but neither of their current Japanese test riders have any experience at Aragon, whilst van der Mark does.

As for Misano, the timing allowed them not to field a replacement. It's something like if an event is within 10 days of announcing that a rider won't partake, you don't need to field a replacement. If it's more than 10 days you are obligated. Plus, Rossi is still (somehow) hoping to ride at Aragon.

Yamaha don't care about the constructors championship, Honda do.

Maybe they value giving a guy a shot more than a few WSBK points? Maybe they promised him a shot at a MotoGP ride, maybe it was in his contract.

Just because you don't agree with their decision, doesn't mean that they are wrong.

Agreed, but neither of their current Japanese test riders have any experience at Aragon, whilst van der Mark does.

As for Misano, the timing allowed them not to field a replacement. It's something like if an event is within 10 days of announcing that a rider won't partake, you don't need to field a replacement. If it's more than 10 days you are obligated. Plus, Rossi is still (somehow) hoping to ride at Aragon.

Yamaha don't care about the constructors championship, Honda do.

EXACTLY.

Yamaha and Honda are two very different places, and they do things very differently.

Maybe they value giving a guy a shot more than a few WSBK points? Maybe they promised him a shot at a MotoGP ride, maybe it was in his contract.

Just because you don't agree with their decision, doesn't mean that they are wrong.

Never said they were wrong just given the circumstances I wouldn't have made the same decisions. I am an armchair engineer though........

I understand that the test riders have no Aragon experience but vdM will be a tourist given the new tyres, spec ECU which some of the regular riders can't get their heads around. I believe the other option was Alex Lowes.

As for Rossi racing at Aragon, it might happen. Anything can happen but I doubt it.

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Never said they were wrong just given the circumstances I wouldn't have made the same decisions. I am an armchair engineer though........

I understand that the test riders have no Aragon experience but vdM will be a tourist given the new tyres, spec ECU which some of the regular riders can't get their heads around. I believe the other option was Alex Lowes.

As for Rossi racing at Aragon, it might happen. Anything can happen but I doubt it.

My apologies, I obviously misunderstood when you said "Just think Yamaha dropped the ball". Edited by Patchelicious

I think it is a good move .

Rossi will be moving on soon (end 2019 I guess ) .

So by then Zarco will be on everyones shopping list , and possibly Volger .

VD Mark is throwing his hat into the MotoGP ring early .

Yamah say they are rewarding him for his Suzuka win , but at the same time I think they are looking at him as a future option .

How is this for a guess .... Zarco to Factory Yam in 2020 , and VD Mark to Tech 3 ( he could even be reigning SBK champ by then ....)

Yamah say they are rewarding him for his Suzuka win , but at the same time I think they are looking at him as a future option .

How is this for a guess .... Zarco to Factory Yam in 2020 , and VD Mark to Tech 3 ( he could even be reigning SBK champ by then ....)

On a Yamaha!?  :eek:

Unless he joins the Kawa camp, that is about as likely as JZ paying for Nkandla out of his own pocket.  :whistling:

MvdM is a big boy (tall), not sure his ergonomics will suit the MotoGP bikes, but lets see. If he can score a point, 15th, I will say he has done well.

As for him being the future, the traditional path to MotoGP is through the lower classes. The only successful WSBK recruits, to my knowledge, are Spies, Edwards, Bayliss, Petrucci (supperstock though) and Crutchlow (supersport though). None of them really excelled.  The odd win here or there but no title contenders really, and not for lack of factory machinery either.

I believe Kallio is wildcarding again, sure I read that somewhere. till reckon he is better than both of the fulltime riders for KTM.

On a Yamaha!?  :eek:

Unless he joins the Kawa camp, that is about as likely as JZ paying for Nkandla out of his own pocket.  :whistling:

LOL!!!!

That being said, the spec ECU being touted may end Kawasaki's dominance. Their success stems from their electronics, allowing them to drop to 2 cylinders at low RPM. Helps immensely with mid corner traction as well as corner exit. Technically it isn't cheating or breaking any rules though.........

Edited by Steven Knoetze (sk27)

Whys that?

I'm no medical doctor, and I'm more than willing to be told off by anyone who knows better.

So the first reports that came out were that Rossi broke his leg in a training accident. Later it was stated it wasn't training, but rather he was just mucking around with some mates and riders from the VR46 academy.

The public statement which followed was something to the lines of

This is because a displaced fracture is a serious injury, as it means that Rossi has broken his bones in several places, and the pieces of the those fractured bones are not set correctly to heal on their own.

As such, surgery will be necessary to align the bones correctly for healing, and likely some sort of brace (either internally or externally) will be installed to keep the bones in the correct position post-surgery.

This is where my doctor knowledge leaves me wanting. But essentially from what I understand, he broke both his tib and fib, and it supposedly looked something like this:

5wVCXpF.jpg

However, his break was closer to the knee. See how thick the bone is at that part? That's nuts.

So according to reports, the procedure was a success:

The team reports that the operation was a success, and that the doctors implanted metal pins (locking intramedullary nails, to be precise) into Rossi’s leg to hold the bones together.

So his bones were reconnected with an internal shaft and pins, similar to this:

2NKZavS.jpg

Now perhaps this method allows for the patient to not have a cast, and have the leg be load bearing, I'm not quite sure. However filming a TV show for Italian press a few days after having this procedure, not showing much duress is either highly applaudable, or suspicious. I'm going to go with suspicious in this case, because of a further development after the surgery.

The publication of a scan of motorcycling ace Valentino Rossi's broken leg on social media has sparked an investigation by the Prosecutor's Office in Ancona, according to reports on Thursday.

According to the newspaper 'Il Resto del Carlino' a hospital employee was responsible for copying the scan which was later widely defused outside the hospital via the social network.

This was shut down so quickly, that I couldn't find a single trace of evidence regarding any scan. So either someone published a BS article (which is not entirely impossible), or there is more to this than meets the eye. 

Rossi was not this secretive when he had his 2010 crash, which was a lot more serious than this one, why is it so hush hush this time around?

There is no doubt that Rossi had some sort of accident in my mind, I'm just suspicious about the severity of the injury. Or did he re-injure his old break? Was it deliberately oversold to make everyone go "Wow how amazing he's riding a motorcycle after (insert stupidly low number) days after seriously breaking his leg" and hype up the championship for the last races of the season?

I don't know, this just me hiding under my tin foil hat.

Edit: Or Occam's Razor. I guess we'll never know.

Edited by bertusras