MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see your concern, I just wonder what the upside would be for him/them to fabricate a story.

With Dorna in the mix you would never know

@Bertus, what would the rationale be behind setting up the MvdM ride at Aragon?

They very well could still let him ride as a wildcard ieven if Rossi races I suppose.

But I hear you, all reports from the get go said it was a much milder break than his 2010 Mugello break though too.

Lorenzo rode with a plated collarbone like 36hrs after the break in Assen a few years back too. 

@Bertus, what would the rationale be behind setting up the MvdM ride at Aragon?

According to the rules they HAVE to nominate someone if there is a chance a rider will miss an event.

Lorenzo rode with a plated collarbone like 36hrs after the break in Assen a few years back too.

Yes, but a collarbone isn't as load bearing like a tib/fib break would be. A plated collarbone has pretty much the same strength immediately after the operation as it would have had prior to the break. Hence the quick turnaround. With Jorge it was merely a pain tolerance thing, not a load bearing issue. However from further reading the process in which Rossi's leg was repaired seems to take the load off the bone, so it might be the same scenario in this event.

My biggest issue with this is why there was such a big issue made over the leaked X-Ray? Apart from invading his privacy of course, but riders generally don't have problems posting these sort of things themselves.

According to the rules they HAVE to nominate someone if there is a chance a rider will miss an event.

Yes, but a collarbone isn't as load bearing like a tib/fib break would be. A plated collarbone has pretty much the same strength immediately after the operation as it would have had prior to the break. Hence the quick turnaround. With Jorge it was merely a pain tolerance thing, not a load bearing issue. However from further reading the process in which Rossi's leg was repaired seems to take the load off the bone, so it might be the same scenario in this event.

My biggest issue with this is why there was such a big issue made over the leaked X-Ray? Apart from invading his privacy of course, but riders generally don't have problems posting these sort of things themselves.

Would Rossi's love of theatrics not be sufficient..........

I hope he is well enough to race but I still believe if he is not fit enough to be challenging for a win then the title is gone anyway and its not worth the risk.

He "lasted" a lot longer than I anticipated. Expected him to be there or thereabouts for about 5 or 6 laps. But to hound the guys for almost the whole race is indicative of his will to win.

:thumbup:  :clap:

See he did 20 laps on a R1M and had "good feeling".

I would say he will race, competitively is another story altogether............

I didn't get to watch. But I saw 3rd on the grid and 5th in the race.

Not the best results, but competitive I think?

But ja, what a theatrical drama queen he is...

I didn't get to watch. But I saw 3rd on the grid and 5th in the race.

Not the best results, but competitive I think?

But ja, what a theatrical drama queen he is...

You forgot your sarcasm font but yes, that performance just makes the injury a little more questionable. IMO anyway but sure you will have lots to say about that too. Be my guest.

Another Marquez masterclass, riding a dog of a bike to a win on willpower and desire to win alone. Deserving champion

You forgot your sarcasm font but yes, that performance just makes the injury a little more questionable. IMO anyway but sure you will have lots to say about that too. Be my guest.

Another Marquez masterclass, riding a dog of a bike to a win on willpower and desire to win alone. Deserving champion

You should see me not having to point out sarcasm as a good thing. If somebody needs other people to hold up sarcasm signs then they have bigger things to worry about.

If I had something to say about "that" I would have several posts ago. You are not the victim here, you made a premature prediction, own it, rather you call him a liar. Sies

Edited by Patchelicious

So pray tell, why would he (and the Doctors) lie about the severity of his injury?

I dont pray, but I think its because he is a drama queen that craves attention, who even though he has the biggest fan base in MotoGP history, is so addicted to growing this fan base, that he and the doctors are willing to risk his entire 20 year reputation, to maybe gain a few more supporters through theatrics in the twilight years of his career. That does seem more plausible than the scenario where people simply dislike him, can't see through that and cannot give credit when its due.

I dont pray, but I think its because he is a drama queen that craves attention, who even though he has the biggest fan base in MotoGP history, is so addicted to growing this fan base, that he and the doctors are willing to risk his entire 20 year reputation, to maybe gain a few more supporters through theatrics in the twilight years of his career. That does seem more plausible than the scenario where people simply dislike him, can't see through that and cannot give credit when its due.

and the fact that even though it may have been a displaced fracture, the extent of the displacement is not known. Could be 1mm, could be 10. And how it's just 9 (?) days fewer than his return from a truly ATROCIOUS displaced fracture a few years ago, which pierced skin. 

Oh - and how others race with broken collarbones, feet etc but it's always an example of their bravery and dedication to the cause. 

No, it must be because he's a drama queen.