MotoGP

SeaBee

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are isolating the issue to a focus that suits your narrative and you are not looking at it in totality.

In the example that you use, Rossi apologised for an incident where he crashed and took Stoner out. They were rivals but they did not have nearly the history that MM and Rossi has. Rossi made a mistake and crashed in your example.

MM bumped into 4 riders in one race, not accidentally, it was overly aggressive. That was just the race, go read about the other incidents on the same weekend.

They are not the same type of issues, even if you want them to be.

And let’s be adults here and stop this whataboutry. Rossi moaning at MM for “apologizing” is honestly not the issue here, MMs disregard for the rules and other riders is. Who gives a toss about what Rossi says, fact is MM needs to adjust this type of riding.

I’ll be the very first to admit that he is the most talent bike rider on the grid, but he is also the most hot headed. He can be good and be a dangerous rider, they are not mutually exclusive.

He did that because he knew he was in the dwang.

Bit of a face saving exercise, nothing more. And what did he expect to happen at the Rossi pit, a warm, jovial welcome !? I think not.....

Jip, its the media thing. Same reason why Rossi went to apologize to Stoner at Jerez 2011, which Stoner accepted btw and Rossi didn't have the decency to remove his helmet.

But big circles in all these arguments.

Spies has had some interesting comments wrt Marques braking behind other riders.........

Jip, its the media thing. Same reason why Rossi went to apologize to Stoner at Jerez 2011, which Stoner accepted btw and Rossi didn't have the decency to remove his helmet.

But big circles in all these arguments.

Spies has had some interesting comments wrt Marques braking behind other riders.........

I’m not sure Stoner accepted that apologie really, think he was forced too because of the media. His comments weren’t exactly “friendly”, and I’m not saying they should have been. As far as degrees of issues, Rossi not taking his helmet off does not compare to ramming into riders, and they have nothing to do with each other. That issues was discussed at length back then. Rossi not taking his helmet off is not the issue in MotoGP today.

No matter how much we try and camouflage MMs behavior, it doesn’t take away from the fact that he was wrong!

Edit: what did Spies say?

Edited by Patchelicious

I’m not sure Stoner accepted that apologie really, think he was forced too because of the media. His comments weren’t exactly “friendly”, and I’m not saying they should have been. As far as degrees of issues, Rossi not taking his helmet off does not compare to ramming into riders, and they have nothing to do with each other. That issues was discussed at length back then. Rossi not taking his helmet off is not the issue in MotoGP today.

No matter how much we try and camouflage MMs behavior, it doesn’t take away from the fact that he was wrong!

Edit: what did Spies say?

He has been very vocal about MM's riding style and how his braking behind other riders is not very safe.

He tends to push the braking very late and this means his closing speed is not always good.

He does have a point but you wonder why the others cant just brake later then too

He has been very vocal about MM's riding style and how his braking behind other riders is not very safe.

He tends to push the braking very late and this means his closing speed is not always good.

He does have a point but you wonder why the others cant just brake later then too

Yes he has, as have others, they have a point.

Yes he does, and that’s cool if there is an open track, but you need to adjust your brake points and speeds when riding behind somebody, this isn’t some ghost car challenge.

Yes he does brake later, maybe other don’t because they can’t, or perhaps they just don’t enjoy crashing as much as MM does.

MM93 wrapped over the fingers again, after yet another incident on track.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Motorsport/marquez-denied-sixth-motogp-americas-pole-by-penalty-20180422

In other news, riders are very vocal over the poor condition of the track surface.

If it rains, this will be an interesting race to watch.

Small grid penalty. Won't bother him. Won't change his behavior. He's winning the physiological war in motogp.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Small grid penalty. Won't bother him. Won't change his behavior. He's winning the physiological war in motogp.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Which makes him an bigger ass, :thumbdown:

Pity, as he is definitely the most skilled rider out there. Pity about the "win at all cost" mentality. 

And he’s disappearing into the distance now......nothing seems to bother him much.

Fastest rider in the world, no doubt!

I genuinely think that he doesn’t give a toss about anything, but winning or anybody, but himself.