MotoGP

SeaBee

Stoner repeatedly asked Ducati to change things on the bike, but they never did because he was winning! Maybe if they listened it could have been a bike more than just he could ride and win with.

Dude, his wife was such a grumpy thing,pretty but damn she looked like she could moer a guy, it was probably her telling Ducati to change the bike, he probably went to them afterwards and asked them to ignore her, at night, in the shadows, wearing a hoodie, and speaking Italian...

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe these 2 are now racing against each other

http://www.gpone.com/images/ARCHIVIO/2013/Foto/04_Aprile/rossi-marquez.JPG

btw how do i post pictures directly in the comments? Must it 1st be in your gallery or whatever?

Next to "Post" there's a "More reply options" button. (Was about to say "box" but then realised there's not a #99 on it...) If you hit that, you get the option to browse to and upload a file which you can then insert into the reply.

Yeah Rossi and Honda did not part way as friends. I believe it had a lot to do with HRC promising him his NSR500 that he won the last 500cc title on, they then decided to keep it and he wasnt happy.

Lets also not forget that back in the day when Stoner was on the LCR Honda it was Rossi that blocked him by saying he would leave if Stoner was signed at Yamaha. That was how he got Jorge as a teammate. Karma??

Its also funny how the love relationship.between JL and MM is being played up yet its Rossi who was, and is still, dogged by rumours of his sexuality. In particular with his "fly along to every race" friend Ucco or Uncio. Cant remember the name......

But it does show you how good Stoner and to a degree Bayliss were, being able to win on that "thing".

Not necessarily... According to some sources, the Duc was a total and utter bodge-job by the time Stoner left. If you remember, he gradually started winning less and less, and Rossi (who it must be said has EXTENSIVE experience on pretty much everything) could not get it to behave. 

Now if a guy who rode the infamous 500 2 stroke bangers couldn't get it to behave, then the question has to be asked: what was wrong with it by the stage that Stoner left? It seemed as if the balance was just TOTALLY off... 

Yeah Rossi and Honda did not part way as friends. I believe it had a lot to do with HRC promising him his NSR500 that he won the last 500cc title on, they then decided to keep it and he wasnt happy.

Lets also not forget that back in the day when Stoner was on the LCR Honda it was Rossi that blocked him by saying he would leave if Stoner was signed at Yamaha. That was how he got Jorge as a teammate. Karma??

Its also funny how the love relationship.between JL and MM is being played up yet its Rossi who was, and is still, dogged by rumours of his sexuality. In particular with his "fly along to every race" friend Ucco or Uncio. Cant remember the name......

And what bearing does that have on it? The relationship is being played up cos it seems as if they're bosom buddies... Whether Rossi's is with someone who isn't on the startline has no bearing at all... 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Unfortunately the one tyre rule has decided more championships than one would think. One year it suits one bike manu and th next the other. Its the dumbest rule ever.

Reckon thats what caused stoner to start crashing more and more, just could not get the front end heated up on the duc

I've been trying to find open video of this incident with marquez and luthi in 2012, but alas could not find it

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/04/10/l-thi-and-m-rquez-go-head-to-head-in-moto2/158009

The two riders were summoned by Race Direction in the aftermath of an incident towards the end of the Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar. In the attached videos you can re-watch the overtake which sparked controversy, and see the two riders’ exchange of opinions with one another after the race.

Thomas Lüthi and Marc Márquez went head-to-head going into the final lap of the Moto2™ Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar on Sunday, with their fight for victory culminating in an overtake on the Swiss rider by his Spanish rival who then went on to win the race.

The manoeuvre resulted in an off-track excursion for Lüthi, and the two riders were summoned to Race Direction after the incident; Márquez for the move which was viewed as being on the limit, and Lüthi for striking the Spaniard on the arm on the cool down lap following the race. The pair also exchanged opinions after the race when Márquez sought out his opponent to explain his actions.

“After how the sessions went and having been at the front of the race until the final lap, to then end fifth, you can’t be satisfied with that,” said Lüthi. “I didn’t like the incorrect manoeuvre which Márquez made.”

Márquez told motogp.com: “I’d been passed aggressively three or four times and I realised I needed to be a bit more aggressive to try and defend my position. At that moment [in the race] I knew Lüthi was going to get ahead of me and then go hard to try to open up a gap. I stuck to him, and I thought the last lap was where I was going to pass him and that’s what I did.”

In the accompanying videos you can watch the move again from different angles, and see how the pair discussed the incident with one another shortly after the race.

Different attitude taken by Race Direction then....

Race Direction took immediate steps against both riders. "The pass was reviewed immediately, and then reviewed again later in more depth and with different camera angles, and in the context of the whole race," Race Director Mike Webb told MotoMatters.com. "After the race, both riders were spoken with. The decision of Race Direction was that it was a very hard maneuver, on the borderline of acceptable racing. Marquez was warned, the equivalent of a yellow card."

Race Direction also warned Luthi for his reaction on the cooldown lap. "Luthi was also given a warning/yellow card for venting his obvious frustration after the chequered flag," Webb said, adding that both riders had accepted the warnings, and that as far as he was concerned the issue was done with. But the fact that a warning was issued was a clear message to all of the Moto2 riders that their actions would be subject to close scrutiny. Though no formal punishment was handed out, Race Direction were far from happy with the pass. "In this case, it was judged to be close to the limit, but not obviously malicious," Webb told MotoMatters.com.

I've been trying to find open video of this incident with marquez and luthi in 2012, but alas could not find it

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2012/04/10/l-thi-and-m-rquez-go-head-to-head-in-moto2/158009

The two riders were summoned by Race Direction in the aftermath of an incident towards the end of the Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar. In the attached videos you can re-watch the overtake which sparked controversy, and see the two riders’ exchange of opinions with one another after the race.

Thomas Lüthi and Marc Márquez went head-to-head going into the final lap of the Moto2™ Commercialbank Grand Prix of Qatar on Sunday, with their fight for victory culminating in an overtake on the Swiss rider by his Spanish rival who then went on to win the race.

The manoeuvre resulted in an off-track excursion for Lüthi, and the two riders were summoned to Race Direction after the incident; Márquez for the move which was viewed as being on the limit, and Lüthi for striking the Spaniard on the arm on the cool down lap following the race. The pair also exchanged opinions after the race when Márquez sought out his opponent to explain his actions.

“After how the sessions went and having been at the front of the race until the final lap, to then end fifth, you can’t be satisfied with that,” said Lüthi. “I didn’t like the incorrect manoeuvre which Márquez made.”

Márquez told motogp.com: “I’d been passed aggressively three or four times and I realised I needed to be a bit more aggressive to try and defend my position. At that moment [in the race] I knew Lüthi was going to get ahead of me and then go hard to try to open up a gap. I stuck to him, and I thought the last lap was where I was going to pass him and that’s what I did.”

In the accompanying videos you can watch the move again from different angles, and see how the pair discussed the incident with one another shortly after the race.

Different attitude taken by Race Direction then....

Race Direction took immediate steps against both riders. "The pass was reviewed immediately, and then reviewed again later in more depth and with different camera angles, and in the context of the whole race," Race Director Mike Webb told MotoMatters.com. "After the race, both riders were spoken with. The decision of Race Direction was that it was a very hard maneuver, on the borderline of acceptable racing. Marquez was warned, the equivalent of a yellow card."

Race Direction also warned Luthi for his reaction on the cooldown lap. "Luthi was also given a warning/yellow card for venting his obvious frustration after the chequered flag," Webb said, adding that both riders had accepted the warnings, and that as far as he was concerned the issue was done with. But the fact that a warning was issued was a clear message to all of the Moto2 riders that their actions would be subject to close scrutiny. Though no formal punishment was handed out, Race Direction were far from happy with the pass. "In this case, it was judged to be close to the limit, but not obviously malicious," Webb told MotoMatters.com.

So youre saying VR should have only gotten a warning as per this case??

Hard to comment without footage......

Its because , the guy o nthe side looks like his best mate JL and MM look like they have a Bromance going

I have read his post a few times, and I don't see where he said that.

No not what i said, just thought that it was somewhat ironic with MM blatantly pushing TL off the track

I saw footage earlier today on FB on a Italian VR fanpage, but now i cannot find it.

Its pretty blatant but Luthi did not fall off

No problem, was looking for the context of this incident. So pretty much what Rossi did to Gibernau at Jerez a few years back then.

I think MM is a pretty aggresive "fighter", more so than most. But I also think he is a fair racer.