A new Frame?

Coyote

Coyote, why don;t you try a soloist Carbon, don't know the price of the frame compared to the R3, but think it'll be a better buy? the other bikes, TCR advanced would also be a good one

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My short list is as follows (in no specific order):smileys/smiley17.gif

Giant TCR Advanced

Cervelo R3 - any one know who I can phone for a quote?

Specialized S-Works Tarmac

Any comments on my list?

My heart still bleeds for a Colnago Christallo but ' date=' at R27k (local)  and R23k(abroad), my head will bleed if my wife saw the price[img']smileys/smiley18.gif[/img].

For me it would be a close tie between the Giant (but the ISP version) and the R3, also very similar in price.

For the Cervelo why not phone Richard Beswick direct, he's the Cervelo local agent. 011 7837530, or 0861 cervelo, richard@cervelo.co.za

The R3 has some very impressive stats on stiffness to weight ratios!

Lateral Bending Stiffness & STW (higher is better):

Frame<?:namespace prefix = o />

Material

Size

Weight

Stiffness

STW

Cerv?lo R3

Carbon

Scott CR1

Carbon

Giant TCR Advanced

Carbon

L

La <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Pierre 999 X-Lite

Carbon

M

Cannondale Al CAAD9

Aluminum

Specialized S-Works Tarmac

Carbon

Trek OCLV (1999)

Carbon

ISAAC

Carbon

Cannondale Synapse

Carbon

Litespeed Ghisallo

Titanium

M

Schwinn Al Fastback (2001)

Aluminum

L

Schwinn Circuit 853 (1999)

Steel

Mondonico Nemo (2005)

Steel

Just note, the Giant tested is the normal one, not the ISP (integrated seat post). But from these stats, the P3 wins hands down. smileys/smiley32.gifsmileys/smiley32.gif

WW - if you buy an R3 I'm never joining you on a training ride again. smileys/smiley7.gif

Just kidding. smileys/smiley36.gif

WW - if you buy an R3 I'm never joining you on a training ride again. smileys/smiley7.gif

And what if I buy the matching P3....   smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

And what if I buy the matching P3....   smileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gifsmileys/smiley36.gif

No problem!

Just make sure you get it in a large. smileys/smiley2.gif

But from these stats' date=' the P3 wins hands down.

[/quote']

You'll probably pay in comfort for all that stiffness? If I remember correctly Bjarne said that these (Cervelo) bikes are not made for comfort.

WW' date=' you want to buy the R3 and 3PC? CVanc will die of jealoucy![/quote']

Ja I know! smileys/smiley36.gif

There just aint enough TT events around to justify that sort of money for a TT bike. smileys/smiley19.gif

But then again, I might just do it to see CvanC's face go smileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley11.gifsmileys/smiley11.gif with envy.

Only kidding CvanC. Perhaps we can share a P3C..... now just to figure out if we squeese you into a Medium, or make me stretch out on a Large....smileys/smiley36.gif

I'm sure I will fit onto a Medium. smileys/smiley18.gif just need to get very flexible. smileys/smiley36.gif

A bit dissapointing that when you buy a Cervelo P3, you don't even get any TT wheels with it.

I see the Giant with ISP also comes in a M/L.

WW' date=' don't you guys have regular fortnightly TT's? If not, why not? [/quote']

Yes, we started it a few months ago. Lots of fun, but I'm talking about races, not fun club events.

But I'll let you know when the next one is to be held. I'm still to see CvanC in action, so we'll have to make a plan soon, to help prepare him for WP Champs.

As good as new Scott (Black) with Ultegra groupset Size medium. Bike in excellent condition R 7500-00 (ONCO) Contact Louis 083-267-8776 (Roodepoort

WW' date=' don't you guys have regular fortnightly TT's? If not' date=' why not? [/quote'']

Yes, we started it a few months ago. Lots of fun, but I'm talking about races, not fun club events.

But I'll let you know when the next one is to be held. I'm still to see CvanC in action, so we'll have to make a plan soon, to help prepare him for WP Champs.

A lot of us want to see CVanc in action in a TT and your course is quite unique. Imagine having 20 something km's out and back without having to cross or stop for traffic once!

WW' date=' don't you guys have regular fortnightly TT's? If not' date=' why not? [/quote'']

A lot of us want to see CVanc in action in a TT and your course is quite unique. Imagine having 20 something km's out and back without having to cross or stop for traffic once!

Dont forget to mention that its actually on the N1 for 75% of the route. smileys/smiley4.gif

Really a nice route for a TT, not entirely flat, but also no steap long climbs, basically a really nice 20.7km TT route. Highly recommended.