GXP bearing - Help - Which way?!

Mojoman

Had some creaking on the crank/BB so I decided to take the BB apart and clean it up, add some new grease etc. But now I cant remember which way this bearing goes into the cup on the non-drive side! Does the smaller ring that sticks out go into the BB or does it face outwards towards the crank arm?

post-12678-0-46319300-1377071622_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mojoman

I have had it in with the smaller piece that sticks out in towards the BB but then when I tighten everything up there is alot of resistance on the crank when I turn it by hand?

I rebuilt mine last week. That nasty bearing def goes in with the smaller diameter first. Else the sir-clip on the outside will not be flush/tight against the bearing.

I still remember trying to find a nice socket to fit square on that thinner diameter to moer it out.....

Have you maybe not got that plastic tube that goes between the 2 BB cups the wrong way round. It is drive / non drive side specific. That could cause the cup not to turn all the way flush against the frame.

Put it all together and it feels quite tight but I have read thats normal due to the seals.

Will see how it goes this afternoon on a ride.