[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Hakahana

Tim_Fair

Fortunate to ride sections of the trail yesterday afternoon - Thanks Johan. :clap:

Very bumpy (gesnyde graspolle) flat single track - awesome! Not gonna be a very fast race I'd say and concerned over the singletrack sections near the end; might end in qeues with slower riders not that competent, specially the uphill sections. Hope the seeding and starting plan works as well as at VGaalens.

Worst is 'no beer' on Sat unless a miracle happens to get a license. So for now, bring cooler boxes. :thumbdown:

I am one of those slower riders. If you give me beer from your cooler box I will let you pass. Also saw some nasty thorns especially if you go of the track. So be carefull when you pass me.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be me first race with cleats. I know that im gonna fall loads of time, so if you see me laying in the grass, wave and smile. Eina poor knie's...... :cursing:

I got cleats two days before the Curro race - not as bad as I thought. make sure they're loose (yes you can adjust candy's) and then practice practice practice. A neat trick to get used to before the race is to NOT clip in just as you start, use the middle part of your foot to get going and then clip in once you're rolling forward.

Good luck!

I got cleats two days before the Curro race - not as bad as I thought. make sure they're loose (yes you can adjust candy's) and then practice practice practice. A neat trick to get used to before the race is to NOT clip in just as you start, use the middle part of your foot to get going and then clip in once you're rolling forward.

Good luck!

thanks for the help, sorry dont want to sound stupid, where do you adjust... this is when girls wants to ride with the boys Edited by Natashap

thanks for the help, sorry dont want to sound stupid, where do you adjust... this is when girls wants to ride with the boys

You can't adjust so much as you can set....with crankbrothers pedal you can adjust the float from x to y degrees by switching the cleats from left to right foot and vica versa....shimano you can adjust

Edited by rouxtjie

It adjusts on the cleat (the part on your shoe) actually :)

The cleat has circles/dots on it - if the cleat with two dots is on your right shoe they will release at around 15 degrees, if it's on the left shoe they will release at 20 degrees. Ie turn your foot more or less :) The springs auto adjust the tension so you can't set them like a Shimano SPD.

is it possible for someone to post the starting times of each group. I had to wait like 3 hours at VG because I did not know exactly what time i was starting - I am not a happy camper when I have to wait around and do nothing (can only warm up so much) :thumbdown:

Edited by Gandalf

RACE PROGRAMME:

06h45:

Riders Briefing / Leaders Jersey Handover

07h00:

Start Marathon

08h30:

Start Half Marathon

10h00:

Start Fun Race

10h50:

Fun Ride

13h00:

Prize Giving

Edited by Hennie VR

is it possible for someone to post the starting times of each group. I had to wait like 3 hours at VG because I did not know exactly what time i was starting - I am not a happy camper when I have to wait around and do nothing (can only warm up so much) :thumbdown:

I think its 10min batch intervals.

In what batch and distance are you?

are there 10 min gaps again?

Its on the Advendurance email they sent me.

Read below:

Updated Start times:

Start times have been slightly adjusted, to allow for a better spread of riders on route, because only the first 10km is shared, we want to give you maximum freedom on the trails. For that reason we are making the time gaps at 10min increments.

Marathon to start at 07:00 / Half Marathon from 08:30 / Fun Race & Fun Ride from 10:20 onwards.

Edited by Hennie VR

I thought I missed that somewhere. Thanks. But flip, half marathon, C, 8:50 in the heat of the sun again, oh joy

I thought I missed that somewhere. Thanks. But flip, half marathon, C, 8:50 in the heat of the sun again, oh joy

I'm hoping for some cloud cover and a slight breeze but it seems I'm out of luck for this one as well. I feel sorry for the later bunches. When I got to ''Jou Bliksem" at VG I wished I went for a swim at the floating bridge.