[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #4 Hakahana

Tim_Fair

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a okay day out, stopped a couple of times too cool down, at one stage my garmin read 39 deg ????. Maybe it's because I did not do much training since van gaalens, but I found this one a lot tougher.

I duno hey, for me it was a little bit better that VG, I was able to ride out all the mountains(dismounted once or twice due to riders stopping in front of me, but I got back on and continued). Way less rocks that VG - much more forgiving to my back and bike. Set a better time than VG.

Tough race this - I think the fact that they said it was easier than VG caught a few riders out. VG has a nice start to get your legs warm before the climbs, yesterday it was hard from the start.

Starting B batch and catching all the ladies on the single track climbs was a bit of a pain, but hey, it can't all be perfect.

One thing I really wasn't happy about was the water at the waterpoints, filled my bottles twice with water and it tasted contaminated with diesel or petrol. Not very nice at all..

One thing I really wasn't happy about was the water at the waterpoints, filled my bottles twice with water and it tasted contaminated with diesel or petrol. Not very nice at all..

lol, also if you looked across the valley towards Pelindaba, you have to wonder what else is in the water ;-) .

Tough race this - I think the fact that they said it was easier than VG caught a few riders out. VG has a nice start to get your legs warm before the climbs, yesterday it was hard from the start.

Starting B batch and catching all the ladies on the single track climbs was a bit of a pain, but hey, it can't all be perfect.

My water tasted of petrol as well, asked them if they used petrol containers to store the water in. Don't feel comfortable drinking water from those disposable 25l drums, one never knows what chemicals were in there, but some most definitely had petrol in, the octane must have been low, didn't help my cycling much.

Of course it's called Mountain biking. It's however neither called orienteering nor mowing the ******* lawn.

Next time we'll prepare the district roads perfectly for you! For us its about creating new adventures. I challenge you to cut 30km of trails in 7 months without leaving a few "grasbollekies" ! Maybe you should go back to Tar.

Enjoy the ride along the ridge, but couldn't make th emost of the technical descents since a lot of portage was going on. Generally people don't get out of the way when someone is riding down.

Next time we'll prepare the district roads perfectly for you! For us its about creating new adventures. I challenge you to cut 30km of trails in 7 months without leaving a few "grasbollekies" ! Maybe you should go back to Tar.

Agree - the trails are tough, but it's what makes MTB great.. Put a bit more training in and the technical bits are more manageable.. Rather choose to enjoy the rough stuff..

If you aren't strong enough, don't moan about the trails, put more work in..

This is not quite the response I would expect from an organizer.

I did the race, not as fit for the marathon as I could have been but nevertheless enjoyed it and will probably be back next year. I was 1st Gand Master in and not even a mention at the prize giving. Maybe I guess thats because there were only 3 old ballies who finished and 1 DNF :thumbup:

Edited by Laulil