D2D

Speedster Scott

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No ways, from the other side .. That will nullify my race (lol), not looking forward to the cold... no toe covers or winter gloves

Hope you are not planning on riding without full finger gloves? Real feel temp tomorrow am is -2C which means it will be a long and painful process for fingers to get back to normal.

Clearly you do indeed have access to industrial strength HTFU pills

How was the ride guys? I enjoyed it and will be back next year. I got my sub 3 with a couple of minutes to spare and to be honest it was fairly easy. It felt more like a group ride than a race, I guess the guys wanted to save some matches for the climbs.

Had to start in G and had a 93km time trial. The climbs killed me, I was definitely made to pay for being so lazy after carousel! But happy with the time, didn't get my sub 3 but 3:13 made me smile! And dammit I never got off the bike on those climbs... But a nice race and we'll organised. The route was good too!

I did not expect the difficulty of the race.

First 75km avg of 35km and then the last bit just killed me.

Was aiming for sub 3 but got 3:18, which sucks.

Had to start in G and had a 93km time trial. The climbs killed me, I was definitely made to pay for being so lazy after carousel! But happy with the time, didn't get my sub 3 but 3:13 made me smile! And dammit I never got off the bike on those climbs... But a nice race and we'll organised. The route was good too!

that is a good TT time man. Pushing hard from the start will make those climbs extra tough!

that is a good TT time man. Pushing hard from the start will make those climbs extra tough!

Yeah I think that was the problem. Had to push seriously hard to get through traffic... So not too much left on those climbs! Bmw1za was a champ at encouraging me up satellite!

But yeah, managed to catch c batch stragglers so not too bad a time!

Nice race!

Yeah I think that was the problem. Had to push seriously hard to get through traffic... So not too much left on those climbs! Bmw1za was a champ at encouraging me up satellite!

But yeah, managed to catch c batch stragglers so not too bad a time!

Nice race!

Awesome ! Nothing wrong with that time !

Did the cold at the beginning make it tougher than usual or did it warm up quite quickly?

Moerse freezing at the start, even with my late time... But didn't feel it too much once we were on the bike...

Did the cold at the beginning make it tougher than usual or did it warm up quite quickly?

it was just a matter of using the right clothing. I was slightly cold before the start but all was fine once we got going. I only unzipped my shell on the very last climb.

And to the cocktonsil on the 29er wheelsucking the entire race - you're a douche.

Seriously, what were you trying to prove? Thought you mtbers got those bikes to ride off road?

No problem wheelsucking but be prepared to be required to work. You were so freaking annoying man.

Had a mechanical BEFORE the start. Decided to HTFU and ride. Had only the lowest 5 gears. Got dropped on every DOWN by everyone around me. Luckily I am fat and come down hills OK. Spun like a madman for 2:48ish. Hurting like hell now. Score to settle next year...

I struggled to find everybody wityh all the eskimo gear on... so sorry

I was having a good ride till the bunch passed Tarlton, just before the Right turn to Maropeng, I had a front wheel blowout while leading the break. Tire climbed off the rim and I was forced to run off the road into the open veld so As not to bring the bunch down. (sorry guys). Tire torn, took 12 minutes to pack a makeshift inner Patch . Then it was some lovely TT'ing for many miles with a lumpy front wheel, latching onto and picking up stragglers. Thank for the help to the many ppl along the way. Managed to ramp up the traffic circle/island at Avianto circle , minor bump into the centre piece. Gave the bunch a good chuckle Though. Then it was just the last limp home sitting all the way back to save weight on my front bubble wheel... so the quads took huge strain, Final Time 3h25 ... hope you enjoyed my Essay ;)

Had a mechanical BEFORE the start. Decided to HTFU and ride. Had only the lowest 5 gears. Got dropped on every DOWN by everyone around me. Luckily I am fat and come down hills OK. Spun like a madman for 2:48ish. Hurting like hell now. Score to settle next year...

What a CHAMP.... NICE !

I struggled to find everybody wityh all the eskimo gear on... so sorry

I was having a good ride till the bunch passed Tarlton, just before the Right turn to Maropeng, I had a front wheel blowout while leading the break. Tire climbed off the rim and I was forced to run off the road into the open veld so As not to bring the bunch down. (sorry guys). Tire torn, took 12 minutes to pack a makeshift inner Patch . Then it was some lovely TT'ing for many miles with a lumpy front wheel, latching onto and picking up stragglers. Thank for the help to the many ppl along the way. Managed to ramp up the traffic circle/island at Avianto circle , minor bump into the centre piece. Gave the bunch a good chuckle Though. Then it was just the last limp home sitting all the way back to save weight on my front bubble wheel... so the quads took huge strain, Final Time 3h25 ... hope you enjoyed my Essay ;)

3h25 is a respectable time, considering the mishap. Good going :thumbup: