Western Cape Rain and MTB

flymango

That is comedy laced with a good amount of truth...

And don't forget to "Smile and Wave" man, smile and wave...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So who's running what rubber to get through this mud, rain and second chance to build an ark? By rubber I mean tyres not what wetsuit are you riding in....

Kenda Excavators 2.35 front & back. They kill the legs going up the jeeptrack, but save your bacon over slippery roots and mud.

So who's running what rubber to get through this mud, rain and second chance to build an ark? By rubber I mean tyres not what wetsuit are you riding in....

Been running my Geax Sturdys with no problem

I came across the Tokai MTB team repairing the single track on Vasbyt this afternoon. It doesn't look like it in the picture, but the ditch they filled swallowed more than a ton of rock and earth. Lots of very hard work that because it had to be wheelbarrowed in. Great job guys. :thumbup:

Loving the repaired sections below Vasbyt!!! :thumbup: The rock fill base with clay / sand fill is a great solution, which we use often in flood damage work. Avoids the deep erosion ruts which were forming on some of the trails. Two thumbs up to you guys!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Omega Man

Wet weather --> Soft ground, go and build/repair/maintain some stuff you can ride when weather clears up

Might be going to Helderberg to build on sat.

Might be going to Helderberg to build on sat.

Tried doing some work up in Eden, but will have to wait for forestry to finish up, as there cutting down, is closing/destroying everything. But, I'm not complaining, if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have spots to ride.

And we're camping next to the Misverstand Dam this weekend. Suddenly this does not sound like such a good idea.

Guest Omega Man

Tried doing some work up in Eden, but will have to wait for forestry to finish up, as there cutting down, is closing/destroying everything. But, I'm not complaining, if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have spots to ride.

Good attitude that. I should apply that the next time they nuke some trail I've had a hand in building.

And we're camping next to the Misverstand Dam this weekend. Suddenly this does not sound like such a good idea.

Ha ha, must have been some misunderstanding about the dates.......