Intermediate, Beginner and/or Sissy Pants riders please note..

Thug

OK probably not the right place to admit it but that cheatline on boulders I found quite usefull we're not all frikkin Chris Akrig. When I feel like challenging myself I don't take the cheatline. Becuase I don't have champion dickswinging skills like some of you experts doesn't mean I enjoy the ride any less. Flame suit on.....he he he

Don't worry, I also take it coming down from the top side! I've never seen anyone I know who can ride up that section... and the one guy who was a super hero and tried in front of us, came off rather worse for wear :)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK probably not the right place to admit it but that cheatline on boulders I found quite usefull we're not all frikkin Chris Akrig. When I feel like challenging myself I don't take the cheatline. Becuase I don't have champion dickswinging skills like some of you experts doesn't mean I enjoy the ride any less. Flame suit on.....he he he

Dude, at the moment I'm so unfit I doubt I could ride any of that section. I'd be busting my lungs just to get up there, not to mention maintain the momentum needed to grapple with the rocky bits.

And yes, in certain sections B lines (NOT chicken runs, let's set that straight) are necessary (like over the top, which was apparently extremely difficult for most people, and I can see why) but not around a root that extends 5cm out of the trail...

It's just disheartening when you've spent the whole weekend working on making a trail sustainable, progressive and interesting, yet challenging to ALL levels, and someone comes along and moves a rock that they think is in the wrong place.

I recommend the Floros School of Rock Burying.

The Pmb course was ridden to death and many parts of it turnedcompletely powdery but not a single rock moved. I think he used duct tape and zip ties.

Don't worry, I also take it coming down from the top side! I've never seen anyone I know who can ride up that section... and the one guy who was a super hero and tried in front of us, came off rather worse for wear :)

Thank goodness I thought I was the only one that couldn't make it up there, I nearly did once but then I went otb cos I got my weight to far forward. oh well ... funny this therad is the sort of one for a friday ....

heard some German downhiller chick being interviewed on Capetalk yesterday questioning the safety of the PMB downhill course. Apparently 6 people in hospital already.

I recommend the Floros School of Rock Burying.

The Pmb course was ridden to death and many parts of it turnedcompletely powdery but not a single rock moved. I think he used duct tape and zip ties.

He must have worn a hard hat. EVERYONE knows proper trail builders wear hard hats.

(reference to a british trail building vid where hard hats were listed as "vital safety equipment" necessary to be able to build a trail properly, sustainably and awesomely)

Dude, at the moment I'm so unfit I doubt I could ride any of that section. I'd be busting my lungs just to get up there, not to mention maintain the momentum needed to grapple with the rocky bits.

And yes, in certain sections B lines (NOT chicken runs, let's set that straight) are necessary (like over the top, which was apparently extremely difficult for most people, and I can see why) but not around a root that extends 5cm out of the trail...

With that I agree..rather get off and walk then like the young lady I saw on fairy garden on sunday walking round one of the corners ..shame she must have been really new..

dude. The mere fact that rocks were being moved on the WC track is worthy of snotklappery

Good word that one! :clap:

heard some German downhiller chick being interviewed on Capetalk yesterday questioning the safety of the PMB downhill course. Apparently 6 people in hospital already.

It's nothing to do with the safety - all technical sections had b / c lines, and it was a DOWNHILL course. A World Championship DH course at that. It's got everything to do with people riding way outside their capabilities, thinking that because they can manual off a pavement, they can reliably smash a 12m tabletop without going outside their abilities.

With that I agree..rather get off and walk then like the young lady I saw on fairy garden on sunday walking round one of the corners ..shame she must have been really new..

if it's one of the corners I'm thinking about, it's quite a technical little hairpin and nothing to be ashamed of if you cant make it (the one just at the beginning of the trail, first hairpin, left hand turn) - I've seen my arse there a few times after a badly placed front wheel, bad application of power or just plain bad riding.

That, or the troll bridge, or one of the hairpins on the sandy / rocky section.

Thank goodness I thought I was the only one that couldn't make it up there, I nearly did once but then I went otb cos I got my weight to far forward. oh well ... funny this therad is the sort of one for a friday ....

Nah, the people contributing to this thread are not the Friday crew... from experience, these are the sane ones who remember what it's like to be scared sh*tless by pointy rocks, and jittery skills!

(Although I've never seen Mayhem this vociferous before!! :)

if it's one of the corners I'm thinking about, it's quite a technical little hairpin and nothing to be ashamed of if you cant make it (the one just at the beginning of the trail, first hairpin, left hand turn) - I've seen my arse there a few times after a badly placed front wheel, bad application of power or just plain bad riding.

That, or the troll bridge, or one of the hairpins on the sandy / rocky section.

don't talk about that blutty bridge ......lol

As a below-intermediate complete pansy-girl girl rider I agree. Not because I have any dreams of ever being able to ride the technical stuff, but because I enjoy watching others do so. It's no fun watching people ride the kind of stuff I ride. Getting off and pushing/carrying your bike around technical sections is not that tough.