Momsen SL929

frederik29er

Hi All,

In search of some advice.

I'm looking to buy a used Momsen SL929. I am 184cm tall with regular build (93kg). The bike I'm interested in has a 17" SL929 2013 frame. It is going for a good price and it will be hard not to accept this offer.

As this is a second hand buy there will be no oppurtunity for me to fit the bike to my specific needs.

If there is anyone out there who can answer this question please do: Will a 17" SL 929 frame fit me???

Regards,

Derik

Depends on your inseam, but judging by your description I would say no. You would more than likely be around the 19 to 20 inch mark.

But your inseam will determine the frame size.

May be worth your while to get a good bike shop to measure you up, that way you will be satisfied and confident in your purchase.

Don't by a bike that's too small.

I am 194cm 100kg and ride a large momsen carbon frame .These frames are big ,so a medium might fit .My other frames are 22 ' .A 17 ' will be to small .20' is your size

dude i would go for it..i am 1.88m and ride a carbon momsen M..fits perfectly

Which year model? 2012 med had large tt length.

ya mine is a 2012...virtually the same size as the large silverback vida 1 it replaced. would have thought the 2013 was same geometry

just checked their website...which frameset is it? the one with the rear thru axle is different sizing to the QR rear axle..

It's the thru axle. What will the difference be?

the thru axle frames are smaller..it may well be too small for you unfortunately..check their website for the geometry and measurements. www.momsenbikes.com

the thru axle frames are smaller..it may well be too small for you unfortunately..check their website for the geometry and measurements. www.momsenbikes.com

And we are back to:

:D

I'm about the same measurements as The Crow and also riding a Large Momsen, albeit the AL range. Tried the medium and while it was rideable it was uncomfortable.

At the time I could get a killer deal on a Giant XTC but was a medium. Test rode it a couple of time and almost took it, in hindsight I'm glad I didn't. Seatpost was on maximum marking and would have had to compensate with a stem to bring my handlebars upwards so it didn't look ridiculous with my ass higher than my head!!!

I'm 168.5cm and ride a Alloy Momsen 17" (M) but it's almost to the "slightly too big" side so maybe you'll be fine but I recon a large.