Accident 07.09.13 St James Main rd

wolf182

Any news of the girl!

I hate that piece of road between Muizenberg and Fish hoek and it is worst than before and I prefer old road than now. Because cars travel faster than before and they don't want to wait to pass you. They rather squeeze between you and oncoming cars. It is easier to knock cyclists than face oncoming cars.

I am not sure how will they improve this road, but they can add speed bumps, or take away parkings for cycling lanes or build 2m road next to railway line...

its not too bad travelling from Muizies to Fish Hoek

The bad section is from St James to the Corner in the opposite direction.Deathly

Boyes is the safest

Any news on the Girl.

Hope she is okay and recover soon.

My son and his uncle was out on that route that morning.Heart nearly stopped when Wolf told me about the accident.

Hello All

To the anybody who witnessed the horrible bicycle accident on the 7th of September, this is the message I have received from a friend who knows the group that was riding.

"Hi Ian, Fabian was with the cyclists on Saturday - could you call him on 073-8519365 to give a statement?

Marleina was the girl, she is 18 years old, and she is ok, at home, but has problems with speech and her left side but she should recover completely

the helmet saved her life but the driver is free and the cops are seeing whether it will be a criminal charge or not."

I was not able to describe the accident because I was at the back of my running club group. If anybody saw what happened and is prepared to give a statement please phone Fabian on the number listed or call me on 0788195334 or 0217616118. Also contact Andrew at BEN or message him on facebook.

Edited by Flatspin

Read in the papers that someone was clocked going 105 km/h along that stretch of road. I only ride along there in a group or otherwise take Boyes Drive.

The truck drove over her head and dragged her for a few meters!?

Jaaslik and she's alive!

Must have been a horrible thing to see happen.

Damn trucks and pedestrians connecting gives me the chills.

Edited by Skylark

Glad to hear she's OK.

They should sentence the truck driver to personally cycle behind this group of kids once a week for the next year, wearing a high visibility jacket and flashing lights to keep them safe®.

I read about this incident this morning, it is a cycling club that was busy with a training ride! I am not sure that if I had a cycling club and was responsible for the lives of young adults that I would take them out on that stretch of road! I avoid it as much as possible! I am in no way condoning the action of the alleged irate truck driver but just saying that common sense needs to be used before negotiating busy dangerous sections of roads with a cycling club!

cyclists being on that road is not the problem. The problem is drivers and their *** attitude coupled to ******* enforcement.

sure they can sit behind a camera but do real police work...forget it.

amazing that the girl survived

did you guys read the newspaper article http://www.peoplespo...vives-truck-hit?

“The driver was playing with us and made as if he was going to drive into us as a joke. He was revving all the time and the boy in front of me panicked and lost control of his bike. His back wheel clipped my front wheel and I fell into the road. I can’t remember hearing or seeing anything else except waking up in False Bay Hospital,” Richenburg says.

??!