X01 crankset - local availability?

LazyTrailRider

EvoBikes has the XX1...

Yep, but it's about a grand more than X01 from CRC (who keep on being out of stock)...

(Plus, I need the stealth black X0 colours to match the new shifter and derailleur, naturally... :whistling: )

Yep, but it's about a grand more than X01 from CRC (who keep on being out of stock)...

(Plus, I need the stealth black X0 colours to match the new shifter and derailleur, naturally... :whistling: )

Aaaaaaah... Why not buy the equivalent non X01 / XX1 crank and then slap on the Wolftooh / raceface Narrow wide? Or find a suitably bling crank and do the same?

Yes but the new XO1 crankset comes without a chainring so end of the day they will cost the same.

Read my post again, stringbean... NON X01 / XX1 crank... They're not available locally yet, or so it seems.

Not talking about the cost issue, just trying to get a way for him to find his dream crank...

If the X01 isn't available, and the X0 is also blingy, buy that and then get the wolftooth chainring that fits it.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

I think what stringbean said that the XO1 would be the same as a XX1 as it does not come with a chain ring

Any ideas on who locally (online preferably, but if local in CPT) has stock of shiny new X01 cranksets?

Hi MH

Send us the details of what you are looking for and we will see if we can be of assistance.

Regards

EasyBike

Any ideas on who locally (online preferably, but if local in CPT) has stock of shiny new X01 cranksets?

Unfortunately all of us waiting on stock... Will let you know as soon as it is available, but pricing seems to be only about 10-15% less than XX1?

Not quite sure what the uptake will be as most people will then rather go for XX1.

Also ALL cranksets now comes without chainrings. XX1 as well as XO1

Hi MH

Send us the details of what you are looking for and we will see if we can be of assistance.

Regards

EasyBike

Hmmm, I've just realised that it seems all the new-fangled times-1 cranksets come without chainrings (with exception to chainsets like XT, which is why I guess they're called *chainsets*).

Damnit, at first glance it looked like this for example would include a chainring: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/sram-x01-11-speed-crankset/rp-prod109101

Hmmm, I'm running an 3-blade XT (M782) setup at the moment and want to convert to SRAM 1x10 by going:

• X0 type 2 short-cage
  • X0 10spd shifter
  • 11-36 PG1050 cassette
  • 10spd chain
  • ??? crank with suitable chainring
  • No chain device

Don't want to spend more than R3k on cranks/chainring (if that), what do you guys reckon?

Unfortunately all of us waiting on stock... Will let you know as soon as it is available, but pricing seems to be only about 10-15% less than XX1?

Not quite sure what the uptake will be as most people will then rather go for XX1.

Absolutely agree, I would rather have the xx over the xo for couple of hundred bucks. However the sensible guys wil chose the xo1 because apparently it will last longer, and be more durable.

Hmmm, I've just realised that it seems all the new-fangled times-1 cranksets come without chainrings (with exception to chainsets like XT, which is why I guess they're called *chainsets*).

Damnit, at first glance it looked like this for example would include a chainring: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/za/en/sram-x01-11-speed-crankset/rp-prod109101

Hmmm, I'm running an 3-blade XT (M782) setup at the moment and want to convert to SRAM 1x10 by going:

• X0 type 2 short-cage
  • X0 10spd shifter
  • 11-36 PG1050 cassette
  • 10spd chain
  • ??? crank with suitable chainring
  • No chain device

Don't want to spend more than R3k on cranks/chainring (if that), what do you guys reckon?

Martin - use your existing crank, wolftooth on the middle chainring position, nothing on the granny and a potential bash guard on the outer ring position.

Sorted. Keep it like that till the x01 becomes available.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Naas, where is your shop?

Martin - use your existing crank, wolftooth on the middle chainring position, nothing on the granny and a potential bash guard on the outer ring position.

Sorted. Keep it like that till the x01 becomes available.

What he said. works like a bomb. X01 leaving Taiwan any day now.

works like a bomb.

...but doesn't look bling enough...

With how little riding I have time for these days, looking good in the lounge is just as important! :P