Advice for Enduro/AM riding

dimsum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

The golf one....... Really now? Golf? for realz?

Eden(Just across from G-spot)used to be good, with atleast 4 trails running top to bottom, but felling of trees makes it bit tough there at the moment. Had some nice Rockgardens on the old DH track after the patch-up

Jonkers also long Singletrack and a DH

haven't seen any roots or drops in G-spot though, the builder(singular) keeps it ultra smooth

Sorry my bad, i prefer the forest at Gspot...i think u said its called EDEN i go up the jeeps to the furthest most point... and then all the way down to the lowest jeep track... its insane!! i enjoy the berm rides and swooopping switchbacks. i def. fell more than 10 times in the forest. Broke helmet there as well. now that i think about it your probably right with the 4 trail spec. usually ride all 4, the climbs are not too hectic..

Guest Omega Man

We're not allowed to do that at Tokai :ph34r:

haha. To be fair you're not allowed to do that anywhere.

Guest Omega Man

this thread is going downhill.. fast!

To get back on track.

We've been building out in Helderberg.

We've built a completely new DH track there. It suffers from the same problems that most of our mountains suffer from. Like Tokai for example where it's nice and steep at the top and flattens out towards the bottom.

The top is quite steep and has loads of tight switch bermed corners and the bottom is super fast with lots and lots of jumps. The fortunate thing is that we've got an accommodating land owner who's allowed us to go wild so all of the jumps are big. proper big but they are all (for the most part) table tops so they can safely be rolled. There's also an amazing jump line of 7 jumps called the D Train (ahem) which is also tables and safe to learn on.

After the race (before the end of this month) I'm hoping to extend the d train into a steeper section and build a series of drops from small to large for people to learn and gain confidence on. Much like the drop zones you'll see in European bike parks.

So in short I'm trying to make Helderberg the perfect place to hone your skills for our annual France trip (Shameless plug)

Come and check out the WP Champs on Sunday and you'll get a good view of the track and the potential.

Edited by Omega Man

This is your next event - http://dirtopia.co.z...ountain-enduro. Next one is in November

i cannot get the link to work, are you perhaps referring to this http://www.dirtopia.co.za/all-mountain-enduro/enduro-june2013#Top.

have you participated in an event like this one before? what is it about, will there be a fair amount of climbing? are the descents do-able? cz im not a DH freak... so some drop-offs do put fear in my eyes... watched some enduro vids on the net, and i see the okes overseas mostly ride with ff helmets... the thought of participating in an event with DH participants is kindv demotivating for me. do you think there will be regular guys like myself at the event as well?

Guest Omega Man

i cannot get the link to work, are you perhaps referring to this http://www.dirtopia....ro-june2013#Top.

have you participated in an event like this one before? what is it about, will there be a fair amount of climbing? are the descents do-able? cz im not a DH freak... so some drop-offs do put fear in my eyes... watched some enduro vids on the net, and i see the okes overseas mostly ride with ff helmets... the thought of participating in an event with DH participants is kindv demotivating for me. do you think there will be regular guys like myself at the event as well?

It's about you and the clock. Forget everyone else.

I've only done one of the Dirtopia Enduro's and it was well organized. Lots of fun. And a great way to have fun and meet new people. the track wasn't mega technical. Just fun enough to keep you entertained. That's all I know.

Edited by Omega Man

Sorry my bad, i prefer the forest at Gspot...i think u said its called EDEN i go up the jeeps to the furthest most point... and then all the way down to the lowest jeep track... its insane!! i enjoy the berm rides and swooopping switchbacks. i def. fell more than 10 times in the forest. Broke helmet there as well. now that i think about it your probably right with the 4 trail spec. usually ride all 4, the climbs are not too hectic..

let me know when you ride, ill join up, although i push uphill, those ups kill me, it just has to look like an incline and im pushing, haha. I live 500m from the gate, so its my daily routine, Hit Eden, move over to g-spot, do few runs there and ride back home.

That is what me and Taahir ride. We start at Gspot, then head over to Eden and have a blast, then climb back to the top over Gspot by the trees.

• 1 month later...

I just learnt how to do a rear wheel (very small)slide with no brakes while cornering.... the slide is just long enough for me to effectively counter-steer! OMW felt amazing..... :clap: :clap: :w00t: :clap:

But i can only do it while cornering to the left though <_<