2013 Road World Champs

igknot

Thinking someone like Peter Sagan will bring home the bacon...depending on strategy used! Also i would loveeeeeee to have team spain for a grand tour...wawaweeeeewa !!! Go berto !!!

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something to ponder: Would OGE have won if they also had Zipps like Omegapharma? Sub9 disk, firecrest profile and dimples make a bit of a difference according to Zipps tunnel tests.

Saw a quote that Orica freewheeled over the line while OPQS pedalled over the line - who knows but it was very close.

Something to ponder: Would OGE have won if they also had Zipps like Omegapharma? Sub9 disk, firecrest profile and dimples make a bit of a difference according to Zipps tunnel tests.

@Christie...was wondering the same thing! That Sub9 disc is worth it for sure!

Great ride Daryl! What an incredible year for him, a stage win at Le Tour in the TTT, 2 days in yellow and now a Worlds silver medal. Thats an incredible year for Daryl or any rider.

That's the problem I have with advances in sport equipment, where sooner or later we're going to have a F1 situation where it's more about the machine than the man. I think the UCI is actually right in limiting what a bicycle is to some degree.

Saw a quote that Orica freewheeled over the line while OPQS pedalled over the line - who knows but it was very close.

At 50km/h you'll do 13.89 meters per second while at 45km/h you'll do 12.50 meters per second. So if they did freewheel and their speed actually come down by that much, 5 seconds of that speed difference will only be a difference of 6.95 meters which at 45km/h equals 0.556 seconds. I think they lost by 0.8 seconds?

Not sure if my calculations above are correct, but in my mind I would've thought of 100 places during the TTT where I could've gone harder for 1 second! You could see from Impey's response that he was dejected.

Whats up at the worlds.

Isn't normally country vs country at the world champs? Why are the teams racing against each other?

At 50km/h you'll do 13.89 meters per second while at 45km/h you'll do 12.50 meters per second. So if they did freewheel and their speed actually come down by that much, 5 seconds of that speed difference will only be a difference of 6.95 meters which at 45km/h equals 0.556 seconds. I think they lost by 0.8 seconds?

Not sure if my calculations above are correct, but in my mind I would've thought of 100 places during the TTT where I could've gone harder for 1 second! You could see from Impey's response that he was dejected.

They were about 12m behind the Pharmacists. The freewheeling over the line did not cost them the gold medal

This is what the money is saying about the chances.

http://www.paddypowe...mpionships-2012

Who is going to take it.

MTN at 1000/1 for the TTT, I put a recovery drink on them and hope win a bike.

TT has me shouting for No3. Fabulous Cancel my hare.

And the individuals I am on for Peter ( I have no skaam ) Sagan.

I like your thinking, man.

Thinking someone like Peter Sagan will bring home the bacon...depending on strategy used! Also i would loveeeeeee to have team spain for a grand tour...wawaweeeeewa !!! Go berto !!!

:clap: :clap:

Like these?

post-8906-1379930164,9961.jpg

Whats up at the worlds.

Isn't normally country vs country at the world champs? Why are the teams racing against each other?

The team TT was re-introduced last year with that format. It would be a bit unfair condidering the strength of certain nationalities. Just imagine Martin & Greipel in one team.

That's the problem I have with advances in sport equipment, where sooner or later we're going to have a F1 situation where it's more about the machine than the man. I think the UCI is actually right in limiting what a bicycle is to some degree.

I dont think we will get to an F1 situation, cycling is more about the engine than the chasis. Dope has a colossal effect on the engine, though, imo they should focus on eliminating dope before messing with bike technology.

UCI are clamping down on technology overzealously, 80mm rims will be removed from bunch racing next year. The problem I have with this is that they are corrupt, and can be "influenced" to act against certain equipment. Spinergy rims were banned for no good reason, 3:1 ratio enforced on tt bars, posts, cranks in 2010 because 3T made a tt bar somebody did not like.

Why not not have TTs on standard road bikes then? Either go standard, or leave engineers freedom to innovate. Either or, imo.

I dont think we will get to an F1 situation, cycling is more about the engine than the chasis. Dope has a colossal effect on the engine, though, imo they should focus on eliminating dope before messing with bike technology.

UCI are clamping down on technology overzealously, 80mm rims will be removed from bunch racing next year. The problem I have with this is that they are corrupt, and can be "influenced" to act against certain equipment. Spinergy rims were banned for no good reason, 3:1 ratio enforced on tt bars, posts, cranks in 2010 because 3T made a tt bar somebody did not like.

Why not not have TTs on standard road bikes then? Either go standard, or leave engineers freedom to innovate. Either or, imo.

You don't see it at the pro level, because their machines are pretty much on the same level, but you definitely see it at younger provincial levels where some can only use their road bike with perhaps bars for TT while you get guys with a full TT bike and wheels and even the helmet. And that's for a u/16 category!

Of course I also want to see the most advanced equipment out there, but on the other hand I would actually like to see more standard bikes to make it purely manu a manu.

Edited by andydude

Louis Meintjies finished 25th out of a field of 74, 3:25 off the winner's pace. Not a bad result in my books.

Johannes Christoff Nel in 54th , 5:50,97 off winning time.

Edited by Cippo