2013 Road World Champs

igknot

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome pics - thx Dale :thumbup:

I thought the Italians had the race under control but once they allowed the riders dropped to come back it was anyones race.

Asked if Wiggins had done a single turn at the front, Thomas said: ‘Not that I saw. The only two guys who actually did anything on the Great Britain side were Cav and Luke. They were the only ones who pulled their weight, myself included.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2gLym0t30

I am picturing Cavendish giving them all a bloody mouth full on the bus, plenty f words lol

good thing Cav hasn't learned how to swear in Afr else they would get klapped with the p word lol

Great win for Costa. Lets hope Lampre changes there jerseys a bit to fit in with rainbow stripes. First ever win for Portugal. Heartbreak for Puritto. Wonder what words were had for Valverde not chasing Costa down. Any news on Uran as he went down very hard on the descent.

Great win for Costa. Lets hope Lampre changes there jerseys a bit to fit in with rainbow stripes. First ever win for Portugal. Heartbreak for Puritto. Wonder what words were had for Valverde not chasing Costa down. Any news on Uran as he went down very hard on the descent.

He did finish the race, I saw a pic of him on twitter after, a few scratches and he would need to get a new helmet I think, but seems like he's okay.

hell he almost flattened that embankment shees.

He'll still have to ride a merida, ok got my coat and I'll get the door ...... ;)

@NotsoBigBen, I think thats why he was crying on the podium! He suddenly realized that had he waited, he could have negotiated a ride with a team using Specialized! At least his riding shirt wont have pink in it!

Cool pics!

How steep was that climb in the photos? It looks like a 30 degree uptick at the bottom!

16 %, andydude

Some context to Sagan's race:

A crash held him up in the first of 10 circuits. Then, as the group started to climb to Fiesole for the second time, he had to stop in the team pits to change bikes. At the same time, the Italians began ramping up the pace.

“I was just unlucky to have crashed in the first lap. I roughed up my left side and had trouble re-entering afterwards. The Italians were going strong in the first two laps, they broke up the group. I was lucky to have re-entered...I’d crashed, and then re-entering I used up too much energy. After 270 kilometers, you feel it all. Okay, Nibali also crashed, but I’m not a climber like him and [Joaquim] Rodríguez. It turned out to be a very hard race.”

“When Costa attacked, I couldn’t follow him. There’s no mystery.”

Valverde, not surprized at Costa's victory