2013 Road World Champs

igknot

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16:03:53 CEST

Rasmus Quaade has the provisional best time at the finish for now, but the Dane knows that he will be outside the medals, with Martin, Cancellara and Wiggins still to come.

16:05:27 CEST

Wiggins cruises through Le Cascine, the park where David Zabriskie won the time trial at the 2005 Giro, and where Mark Cavendish won a bunch sprint during the centenary edition four years later. The Englishman is just six seconds down on Cancellara and closing in on the silver medal.

16:06:42 CEST

Vasil Kiryienka was a surprise bronze medallist last year, and while he won't match that this year, he's put in a fine performance this afternoon. The Belarus rider finishes in 1:07:02, which is the best time to date, 1:10 up on Quaade.

16:07:43 CEST

Wiggins is now along the northern banks of the Arno, heading towards Ponte Vecchio and drawing ever closer to Cancellara as he approaches the lone technical section of the course.

16:08:57 CEST

Martin, meanwhile, passes the Porta al Prato as he enters the city of Florence and rides towards a third consecutive world time trial championship.

16:10:22 CEST

Cancellara presses on past the Campanile in Piazza Duomo, and he is grimly holding onto previously second place, just ahead of Wiggins.

16:11:47 CEST

Martin has no need to take any risks as he sweeps past the Duomo but he is showing no signs of relenting. After his narrow victory over Phinney twelve months ago, this is set to be a rather more emphatic triumph for the German.