10% no-shows (DNS)

10% no racetec chips or not paid up PPA / CSA members

5% did not make cut off

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it was perfect weather, and my best ride yet....had a blast....

Hi Jobritz

Happy to hear that you'r fine! I will ask a friend who is one of the organisers to find out about your Garmin. Our company's truck was used as sweep vehicle. If I hear anything I will contact you on the HUb.

Marius (082 492 6004)

. Hi Marius, got in touch with Jimmy Zondagh this morning. My Garmin is with him. Big thank you for the help, I will be back next year!

Yes very true.... Sunday with all the stress and hype only praying to survive, but now Tuesday, and ready to start thinking about getting back on my steed. Must say if it wasn't for the Garmin and a heart rate monitor, probably would have killed myself

Only AFTER you have clearance from your friendly cardiologist.... I know one in Somerset West if you don't have a good one locally.

AFTER.... remember.... AFTER....

Edited by V12man

Hi Rydogg

Only 2600 finishers with a time. Some people don't bother to buy or wear a racetec chip and then do not get timed. The rest just did not finish. The organisers don't force you to wear the chip.

I am one of the "non chippers"...I can't see how you charge R300 for an entry and then ask another R120 for a chip to have an official time. Sorry, had to rant, but feel better now!

I am one of the "non chippers"...I can't see how you charge R300 for an entry and then ask another R120 for a chip to have an official time. Sorry, had to rant, but feel better now!

The chip is yours to keep for life and as Racetech does timing for most events it is a a relatively small fee to pay. my2c

Second K2C for me and my wife. 2012 we started in the last group because we had no seeding. Sucked riding up ou wapad with so many "walkers".

I finished in 4:06 and my wife in 5:16

2013 I started in group B and my wife in group D. I knocked off 24 (3;42) minutes and she knocked of 27 (4:49) minutes. This time we could ride up ou wapad!!!

My Lefty gave up 4km from the start and I rode the remaining 91km on a rigid. Those downhills were hell! I managed to clock a 71.7km/h topspeed though!

Will be there next year!

Was my first K2Coast had the flu a week before and was warned about it. I started of great, the walking up ou wapad not helping then got momentum, but had to abort on 57 km's and took the Ambulance to Knysna and Mosselbay life Clinic with dropped heart rate and chest pain. Thankfully doing better.... Just sad to find out that when my bike was picked up, my Garmin Edge 810 missing. Really hoping that someone honest will return it..... If all goes well I will be back next year fitter and stronger!

Yoh

Tough story

The chip is yours to keep for life and as Racetech does timing for most events it is a a relatively small fee to pay. my2c

Only if you are a PPA member if I remember correctly. There are MANY that ride without a chip. Strava is for free afterall.

It was my first K2C and will be there next year.

Ou Wa pad was a bit frustrating. Me and my wife was in the 2nd last group, so Wa pad took some time to walk but after that there was no issues. I never walked for the rest of the race. I enjoyed the atmosphere and the downhills. The only but is the empty jelbags lying around through most of the race.

I did not have one race because of rain rain rain so far this year. So 3 training rides of 60km before K2C was ok. Cramp started at 60km but luckily a massage at waterpoint helped. 7h11min en my gat was lam but I still enjoyed it.

Only if you are a PPA member if I remember correctly. There are MANY that ride without a chip. Strava is for free afterall.

All depends what your goal is - get seeding or to just rate yourself against your Strava buddies. Racetech does other events like running too. So all in all a good investment I think.

All depends what your goal is - get seeding or to just rate yourself against your Strava buddies. Racetech does other events like running too. So all in all a good investment I think.

You also have SAS race boards (about R30 last time I checked) for ROAG, MTN and Nissan series, Amarider's trail tag (about R100 if I remember correctly) and then there is champion chip for some of the running events to name but a few. For the recreational cyclist/runner there is little value to have 4 different timing systems if you only do say 4 events a year.

I didnt do it....but I think Mailman1974 deserves HUGE kudos... came in 2nd last in 2012 and did a 6:27 this year! think thats awesome....

Thanks Rudoplh. maar ek is nou nog moeg

You also have SAS race boards (about R30 last time I checked) for ROAG, MTN and Nissan series, Amarider's trail tag (about R100 if I remember correctly) and then there is champion chip for some of the running events to name but a few. For the recreational cyclist/runner there is little value to have 4 different timing systems if you only do say 4 events a year.

True. . . all depends on the person. You buy the chip once or pay 3/4 race day licence/chip fees at least you have the chip and an official time for seeding purposes. Esp for those that moan about starting in the back batches and get stuck behind traffic ;)