What just happened here...

Louzy

Unless something happened before which wasn't caught on camera, that biker was asking for it, slowing down in front of half a ton of metal.

Correction. That be a 2 ton vehicle.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few things I learned whilst I was a biker.

1. There is no point in losing your patience. It could cause you to lose your life

2. You have to think for everybody on the road and anticipate every move of whoever is around you. Get used to it and don't complain. After all your life is the one most at stake

3. Ingnore chops in cars that want to teach you a 'lesson'. Again; you have a knife, they an AK47. Think before losing your patience with them. Refer to point 1.

4. Be mindful of older people. They are not as sharp as us younger ones. Respect that.

5. Don't show off. It just makes you look like a chop.

6. Don't race on public roads. That's what track days are for. Make use of the facility if you feel the itch.

7. Treat every outing on your bike with the same respect towards safety. That quick ride to the shop around the corner might be your last.

Feel free to add.

the most mature post i've read to date on the matter of biking vs playing chicken with vehicle heavier than you. You sir, deserve a Bells

There are a few things I learned whilst I was a biker.

1. There is no point in losing your patience. It could cause you to lose your life

2. You have to think for everybody on the road and anticipate every move of whoever is around you. Get used to it and don't complain. After all your life is the one most at stake

3. Ingnore chops in cars that want to teach you a 'lesson'. Again; you have a knife, they an AK47. Think before losing your patience with them. Refer to point 1.

4. Be mindful of older people. They are not as sharp as us younger ones. Respect that.

5. Don't show off. It just makes you look like a chop.

6. Don't race on public roads. That's what track days are for. Make use of the facility if you feel the itch.

7. Treat every outing on your bike with the same respect towards safety. That quick ride to the shop around the corner might be your last.

Feel free to add.

And this applies to cycling too. Whether a training ride or a race.

When you are on two wheels you are at the mercy of bigger vehicles. Never forget that, no matter what the law says about you having any rights.

which is why it is always advisable to obey the laws of the road.

there are defensive techniques that may appear to violate the above e.g. where the road is too narrow for a motor vehicle to pass you safely, ride more toward the middle of the road to discourage an overtake, but these should alwaysbe followed by courtesy and a "thanks".

Mobbing other road users serves no ones interest.

Saw an article now saying that the guy who brake checked the driver has been formally charged with reckless driving and incitement. Bad news though is that the motorcyclist who got ridden over has 2 broken legs and is paralyzed from spinal damage. No word on whether the SUV driver is facing charges.

Saw an article now saying that the guy who brake checked the driver has been formally charged with reckless driving and incitement. Bad news though is that the motorcyclist who got ridden over has 2 broken legs and is paralyzed from spinal damage. No word on whether the SUV driver is facing charges.

Terrible about the guy being paralysed. Seeing as the bike rider got charged, does that mean what most of us had suspected that they were causing k@k beforehand? Also interesting that the driver of the SUV has not been formally charged with anything.

I doubt he will get charged with anything. No jury is going to try to convict a father for protecting his family from a gang of thugs.

I was reading yesterday that prior to this the bikers HAD been intimidating the driver of the SUV for no apparent reason. The bikers were trying slow down the traffic so others in front could do stunts. The guy on the bike that swerved in front of the SUV and hit the brakes has also been charged with reckless driving and endangerment.

The police are still searching for other members of the biker gang.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/03/wife-of-biker-victim-we-were-in-grave-danger/

Edited by Caerus

Published on Oct 3, 2013

The driver of an SUV involved in a bloody weekend confrontation with a throng of motorcyclists feared for the life of his family inside when he drove through the crowd, striking a biker, his wife said Thursday. (Oct. 3)

Lawless thugs, I have stickers on both my cars......"do NOT THINK BIKE" ...... I will support them if they start abiding the law. Two days ago a lane splitter came down hard and his bike was bent lekka when he clipped a mirror, I saw it happen. When the traffic stands these brainless dudes come through so fast that the car rocks. There was a serious collision on the northbound N1, traffic was severely held up resulting in a open road. Bikers just wound up their bikes and came through at full taps. (Think Bike stickers have an advertisement "FULL THROTTLE" on the them, makes you think about their attitude does it not, I do know it is a bike shop)

I do not really care if they kill themselves, they will eventually. I am more concerned about the resulting collision when his bike goes flying through the air and slamming into other road users.

Untill they start behaving I will not support them. Pity that a few that are lawless, even some that confessed to it here on the Hub, creates a negative connotation for other bikers.

I also detest that their stickers has a bicycle on it. This places us in the same league as the thugs.

Edited by Big H*

Lawless thugs, I have stickers on both my cars......"do NOT THINK BIKE" ...... I will support them if they start abiding the law. Two days ago a lane splitter came down hard and his bike was bent lekka when he clipped a mirror, I saw it happen. When the traffic stands these brainless dudes come through so fast that the car rocks. There was a serious collision on the northbound N1, traffic was severely held up resulting in a open road. Bikers just wound up their bikes and came through at full taps. (Think Bike stickers have an advertisement "FULL THROTTLE" on the them, makes you think about their attitude does it not, I do know it is a bike shop)

I do not really care if they kill themselves, they will eventually. I am more concerned about the resulting collision when his bike goes flying through the air and slamming into other road users.

Untill they start behaving I will not support them. Pity that a few that are lawless, even some that confessed to it here on the Hub, creates a negative connotation for other bikers.

I also detest that their stickers has a bicycle on it. This places us in the same league as the thugs.

I think you cannot lump all motorcyclists together just because of a few rooten apples, the trouble makers are usually in the minority. I do agree that there are many who speed, ride recklessly, etc. I was a biker, seen these things first hand. But to comb everyone with the same brush is a bit petty. It would be like saying all Bulls supporters are mindless neanderthals............

Chill out, it's Friday.

On topic, the driver of the SUV was dragged from his car after running into traffic and having to stop. Was beaten in front of his wife and 2 yearold daughter to the point that he needed multiple stitches to his face. Hectic!!!

I think you cannot lump all motorcyclists together just because of a few rooten apples, the trouble makers are usually in the minority. I do agree that there are many who speed, ride recklessly, etc. I was a biker, seen these things first hand. But to comb everyone with the same brush is a bit petty. It would be like saying all Bulls supporters are mindless neanderthals............

Chill out, it's Friday.

On topic, the driver of the SUV was dragged from his car after running into traffic and having to stop. Was beaten in front of his wife and 2 yearold daughter to the point that he needed multiple stitches to his face. Hectic!!!

I do not think it is a minority. I would agree that ALL rugby supporters are mindless

Chill out, it's Friday.

Aren't they? Now I'm really confused :ph34r:

I cant help to wonder how the aggression levels on the roads would be in 20 years if I condition my offspring into this line of thinking. (I don't say you do, actual personalities differ from theHub personalities)

But if your idea 'support' is painting your face, buy the flag and jersey, then your post don't matter - that 'think bike' sticker is not for a rugby club, but rather a way of driving :whistling:

* I'm that **** scared & slow lane splitter / traffic filtering biker that is overtaken by the speeding filtering poegies :blush: