SA Enduro series - race #2

Nofearnofun

Dont listen to him, he is leading you down the wrong path and you will fail!

Rather start with the Enduro, you will be save.

Thanks, never know who you meet on the interweb.

hahaha! I wasn't recommending that trail... I was merely stating that if someone is able to ride it in its entirety, they're likely to have sufficient skill to do well at the enduro.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am thinking about giving this Enduro thing a go but I am not sure of the skill level required. Can somebody give me a frame of reference for example I could ride all the downhill sections on Hakahana marathon route. Is this good enough or am not even close to Enduro level?

Skill has nothing to do with it. As long as you wear baggies, and fit some flat pedals, you'll be fine :whistling:

...Oh, and if you wear knee pads, you might end up winning it :lol:

Skill has nothing to do with it. As long as you wear baggies, and fit some flat pedals, you'll be fine :whistling:

What? :blush:

Okay so it's not about the bike, it's about the kit!

Okay so it's not about the bike, it's about the kit!

Exactly! you can ride an XC bike as long as you wear your big girl pants with intergrated big brass balls :whistling:

I have found some accommodation +/- 8km from cascades, R90 pppn for camping and R130pppn in a six bed dorm. :whistling:

Where is this?! I live near Cascades and don't know of any campsites close by. Sure you not camping in some dudes backyard? :w00t: Edited by Ryanpmb

Where is this?! I live near Cascades and don't know of any campsites close by. Sure you not camping in some dudes backyard? :w00t:

Only if you invite me :whistling:

It was at a backpackers called "sleepy hollow backpackers". They have not returned my call like they said they would :blush:

Since you live close, can you suggest where I could try for cheap accommodation close to cascades? :thumbup:

Edited by Nofearnofun

Only if you invite me :whistling:

It was at a backpackers called "sleepy hollow backpackers". They have not returned my call like they said they would :blush:

Since you live close, can you suggest where I could try for cheap accommodation close to cascades? :thumbup:

So... The wife wants to charge for backyard campsites...

Try;

StayEasy - think its a Protea

Taunton House

The Sleeping Boa

I'll search around for a few more...

Edited by Ryanpmb

I am thinking about giving this Enduro thing a go but I am not sure of the skill level required. Can somebody give me a frame of reference for example I could ride all the downhill sections on Hakahana marathon route. Is this good enough or am not even close to Enduro level?

Do it!! Compared to Hakahana take away the rocks make the downhills twice as long and hakahana has no flow for me at least...

PS on the first run I crashed 4 times at the previous event and kept strugling back up the hill for more, its the most fun you can have on a bike (if you don't have DH sized balls)

Do it!! Compared to Hakahana take away the rocks make the downhills twice as long and hakahana has no flow for me at least...

PS on the first run I crashed 4 times at the previous event and kept strugling back up the hill for more, its the most fun you can have on a bike (if you don't have DH sized balls)

Now that's sounds like something I just have to do. Will definitely target the next event.

Update from Sydney. Many from the first race should have an email...

How go things folks? Race #2 is just around the corner... 26th October is an open practice day and you are permitted to self-uplift via Warwick Road and the race is on Sunday the 27th. I will post a map of the start and finish points on Friday evening.

Entries are available online at R150 and R175 on the day... http://www.roag.co.za/enter-an-event/mtb/enduro-race-series.aspx

We will be using the Trail Tag system for this race, so your family and you will be able to track your progress on the day.

The trails will be marked for practice on Saturday morning... here is a little teaser... SP1...

The remaining 4 SPs are a secret... 20km of climbing with 1.2km of vertical and the best part is that the DESCENDING is the same!!!

Top 20 guys and top 3 ladies from the last race will be seeded. Please note that the seeding is totally up to you, if you want to fit into your slot you need to be at the start gate. If you miss it, you will fall in with the rest of the field.

THIS RACE IS GOING TO BE ALOT BETTER THAN RACE #1

STAY OFF THE PAVED ROAD...

SYDNEY

Super_mil, do you know this trail? Ever been down it?

Yebo. Splits left off the main DH line just after Eye-Boggler.

So the ride to the start is going to be tortuous, but at least we don't finish all the way down at the bottom, since I believe SP2 starts in the same or similar spot to SP1. I think having only a 36t chainring up front may hurt...