Worst Bike ever?

spiderkzn

Bwah ha ha, who was attacking? I merely pointed a few things out to you. You should have been sin binned right from the kick off :ph34r:

still sounding suurtiet

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't read all the posts, but I am going to go with the greatest cyclist ever to live and my biggest sporting idol ever.

The most inspirational man ever to walk this planet.

"It's not about the bike"

I didn't read all the posts, but I am going to go with the greatest cyclist ever to live and my biggest sporting idol ever.

And I forgot to add, the only man to ever, and I mean ever to make Oprah look like Derek Watts.

I personally have no problem with the brand ,weight of bike...think supermarketbikeboy proved that on pinkbike..its not the bike its the rider.

But when its setup backwards to the components intended use .. then it just becomes more dangerous then it has to be.

and that 30 kilo bike hitting you in the back of the head when you scorpion, will be your own fault. :thumbup:

Shops selling these type of bikes should be taken to the cleaners. Not only is the quality of the bike questionable, the basic set-up is a safety concern. Bottle cages attached on the downtube at the bottom just in front of the BB will be a problem for any novice. Saw a lady do an OTB and coming down hard during a Red Stone 10km fun ride when she tried to remove the bottle.

Yeah, listen to the "oracle of cycling" (Mr L.A.) for the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. :D

Shops selling these type of bikes should be taken to the cleaners. Not only is the quality of the bike questionable, the basic set-up is a safety concern. Bottle cages attached on the downtube at the bottom just in front of the BB will be a problem for any novice. Saw a lady do an OTB and coming down hard during a Red Stone 10km fun ride when she tried to remove the bottle.

We are all waiting with abated breath your letter to them as well as their response. Prove to us "YOU CAN"!!!!!!!

Good for you sonny boy..... scrap just will not fit in there, will it!!!!!!!

I paid R3200 for my Gary Fisher and it is still a verrrry good bike. 26" wonder and a hardtail because I am NOT a sissy and ghey like the tewntie naainer crowd

hahahaha I like you, you are funny now place ice cream cone against forehead and start licking

Guest Latent Blue

Rat

her put on Gu

Rather put it on Gumtree for 20k. Apparently they sell like hot cakes on that site.

Se hoe nou?

Agreed Mr. L.A. its about the quantity of drugs you take. :rolleyes:

I think its funny because the majority of us here made similar mistakes with our very first bikes! (If we are honest) At least he was able to sell it on to a person who will be able to use it. One of my colleagues bought a similar bike for her son, it was impossible for him to ride! They knew I was a cyclist and asked me to have a look at it. Wheels needed truing, in fact I almost had to rebuild the wheels. Hubs were so tight I was amazed the wheels turned. V-Brakes had so many washers in, they had been put on incorrectly. It was a challenge for me to get it running! And the weight! Crikey! It was heavier than any bicycle I have ever lifted.

These bikes are mass produced for what I am guessing will be a neighbourhood run-around. Its an easy mistake to make buying it from Sportsmans as they have plenty other good products.

@Andyr249, not so long ago I was in a Cash Crusaders looking for a hidden gem and I stumbled across a similar mountain bike to the one being discussed here. I was amazed when I read the branding, it was a HUNTER mountain bike. I went in for a closer look and the head-tube insignia was "RH" and then I spotted the sticker on the top tube that said "proudly endorsed by Robbie Hunter", I was amazed! Now, the graphics and decals were expertly done, so there is no way it was an aftermarket application. At the time I wanted to take a picture and post it here on the Hub for discussion, but thought better of it in case it transpired into an argument. Does anyone here know the background on these HUNTER bikes?

(Please dont misunderstand me, I am not mocking Robbie Hunter here)

http://durban.olx.co.za/robbie-hunter-26inch-bike-uses-once-iid-546426131

These bikes at Game and Pick and Pay and this one on the thread are not even good enough to ride around the block neither giving it to someone to commute to work or school , They are terrible ask Me , I had to fix My Gardeners bike every damn weekend .

Some usefull tips and solutions to someone who owns one :hahaha

Problems and solutions

1) Crank arms comes loose

Take it to a welder and weld it to the BB

2) Head set unscrews on short rides

Remove the bolt , put it in a vice and damage the threads , now screw it back . It will go in tighter but that's normal , it will take a long time to loosen up now as the threads are damaged

3)Seat post adjusts on its own

Same story , weld it to the frame or get a heavy duty hose clamp to double clamp it

4) Pedals slides out the shaft ,

Ride with shaft only

5) Wheels buckle for no reason

Open up the brakes so the wheel clears

6) Not selecting gears

Put it in a comfortable gear that suits You ,and remove the shifter cables

So the list carries on and on , rather save some more cash . There's some good buys on the Hub .

We are all waiting with abated breath your letter to them as well as their response. Prove to us "YOU CAN"!!!!!!!

Not doing much on your side hey.........?

I just hope the OP's friend does not come across this thread, cause he will have an equal opportunity to mock him..... for his linguistics.

The OP is deaf... You may also battle with your linguistics if you've never heard any of them...

Tell your friend to ride the bike backwards..sure hell go faster then! And next time please go with him when he buys a bike...we need more of us in this world!