Steilte Trails

Guest Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

500 bucks for a DH line, a trail/AM line, a drop zone and a second DH line later?

that is a lot of money. I get that you want to use it to develop more lines, but I think they are pricing themselves out of the game.

I am not a scholar/student, but that is my avg monthly bike spend. maybe DH is just too expensive to be acessible to most people. what does a Conternans or Tokai or Jonkers year pass cost? These have established trails (we'll, maybe Tokai is debatable ) and DH lines already. This is the ball park they need to look at.

Reckon I'll do the daypass thing every now and then.

I fully understand where you are coming from.

Not trying to get in the game. It costs R500 an hour ex VAT to hire a JCB. That's where the money is going. And where else in Cape town can you shuttle and ride big machine built jumps?

It's not for everyone that is a given but for me to ride stuff that is comparable to the stuff I've seen in Europe it's a bargain. For you a day visit is probably optimal. I've taken the view that I'm going to align myself with one facility. I used to do the wildcard thing with tokai but I'm not going to do that anymore.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great day out on my little used DH bike with Omega Man. Track has got huge potential and is already super fun. Here's a pic I grabbed off my gopro (which was not angled right the rest of the time so footage is unusable.)

post-6207-0-53931500-1382364125_thumb.jpg

bliksem, dit lyk mos nou lekker :thumbup:

Guest Omega Man

Jan cut a whole new section of trail today. suuper rocky gnarly off camber. And very fking steep. Very much the opposite of the bottom bike parky stuff.

Membership cards were issued and signs have been printed and are going in this week so it's all happening.

Dealing with a private land owner who rides. Could you ask for any better?

Edited by Omega Man

Guest Omega Man

Might be in the area over December. Will have to make a plan to get some airtime.

Hell Yeah! Karl (The dude in the vid) is coming to France aswell.

Guest Omega Man

BTW, what's the tune in the background?

Disaparate Youth by Santigold