Steilte Trails

Guest Omega Man

Haha. Lucky for me he won't be able to help you cos he landed on his head and can't remember anything.

Shouldn't have affected him that much :ph34r:

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

Shouldn't have affected him that much :ph34r:

He was talking EVEN MORE $H!T than usual. Hahaha.

Another view of the mountain, just for ****s and giggles. Taken from the hut Duane mentioned.

post-3611-0-68738800-1381486558_thumb.jpg

That picture of Helderberg mountain brings back fond memories when I was a student at Helderberg College

Out of interest, do you have an educated estimate on the number of hours it takes to clear and run 100m of ST with the conditions you are working under?

Guest Omega Man

Out of interest, do you have an educated estimate on the number of hours it takes to clear and run 100m of ST with the conditions you are working under?

It's not me. it's Jan, Jonty and the workers. But it's slow going through there for sure. But imagine some nice berms and jumps in amongst that. Yeeeeeeeeehaaw.

Edited by Omega Man

Hey guys !

I am new to DH.

The only experience I have in DH is free style skiing. Which I can't do in SA very well.

I stay in Somerset West, and have heard that Steilte is the place to be.

Just got a 2nd hand DH rocky mountain, still need to get protection.

I like going as fast as possible so falls are inevitable.

Whats the best way to get to Steilte ? I am going to sign up for membership.

Sorry if I appear to be ignorant, I am not very clued up on all the trails, ethics etc.

Also, I am willing to volunteer and help maintain trails if that's a thing.

Peace & Safe riding

Jono

Edited by jdiabolik

Hey guys !

I am new to DH.

The only experience I have in DH is free style skiing. Which I can't do in SA very well.

Sorry if I appear to be ignorant, I am not very clued up on all the trails, ethics etc.

Peace & Safe riding

Jono

Where abouts are you coming from with freestyle skiing? Europe? States?

Are you South African?

Sorry for the 20 questions, Just missing the ski seasons that I did do. Been itching to do another trip.

Omega Man will be able to help you out there. Also keep an eye on the WP DH webpage and facebook page.

http://wpdownhill.co.za/

https://www.facebook.com/wpdownhill

Better yet, do you have a more All Mountain bike (something that's able to be pedalled uphill)? There is an Enduro at Jonkershoek arranged by them.

Most of the guys from the Steilte trails will be there.

Guest Omega Man

Hey guys !

I am new to DH.

Peace & Safe riding

Jono

Hey Jono.

Steilte is in the process of being turned into a full on bike park. It will take time but by next summer it should be up and running with multiple gravity orientated trails. It's going to be a blast that's for sure. So it's a good time to be a mountain biker in the cape that's for sure.

The trails are private. You need to be a member to ride or you have to ride with a member. The membership fee is R500. You'll be issued with a card that is valid for 2014. There is a google map towards the beginning of this thread of the location of the trails. I'll send you a PM with the banking details.

The main man behind Steilte, Jan van Schalkwyk will be at the enduro on Sunday. So will I and most of the other dudes who frequent the place.

@ Everyone. Please DO NOT ride Steilte if you re not a member. Or in the presence of a member.

@ Everyone. Please DO NOT ride Steilte if you re not a member. Or in the presence of a member.

taking so long already to open the enduro lines and for more people to ride there yohh!!

Naah just kidding... waiting in anticipation... ^_^ :D :D

Where abouts are you coming from with freestyle skiing? Europe? States?

Are you South African?

Sorry for the 20 questions, Just missing the ski seasons that I did do. Been itching to do another trip.

Omega Man will be able to help you out there. Also keep an eye on the WP DH webpage and facebook page.

http://wpdownhill.co.za/

https://www.facebook.com/wpdownhill

Better yet, do you have a more All Mountain bike (something that's able to be pedalled uphill)? There is an Enduro at Jonkershoek arranged by them.

Most of the guys from the Steilte trails will be there.

Hey man, thanks for the links, I'm proudly South African, although I wouldn't mind living overseas to get some more seasons :), I skii'd in France(La'Plagne),Coldorado(Winterpark) and Vancouver(Whistler). I'm always itching to go skiing again. dammit.

Will anyone be at Steilte on Saturday?, I just want to come around and check whats potting, what to expect etc.

Regarding my bike, it's 160mm at the back, and 180mm in the front AFAIK. I can peddle up hill without coughing up too much blood :P

Guest Omega Man

Will anyone be at Steilte on Saturday?, I just want to come around and check whats potting, what to expect etc.

I doubt many if any people will be riding there tomorrow. Most guys will be prepping for the Enduro. You should come do that on Sunday.

I put up the membership form a few posts ago.