Pump track

BrendanM

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A remnder to all (yes especially YOU BrendanM) that we'll be working on the Mike's Bikes pump track from 14:00 tomorrow afternoon!

I'm keen. Can someone lend me a spade :oops:

I'm keen. Can someone lend me a spade :oops:

Think I have extra. Will depend on whether the landscape engineer has hidden them away.

So, thanks to all who arranged the build, put spade to dirt and got the pumptrack at Mike's Bikes up and rolling again.

The plan is to have a little night race there sometime early December so keep your ears pealed for upcoming plans.

A lame little edit of post build riding on Saturday afternoon :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

There is an old pump track that we are going to rebuild , we are having a community day this Saturday to take back the park , starts at 8 if anybody wants to help , The idea is to get a place where kids can go to have fun and be safe.

Its in Fontainblue behind the little traffic training centre

There is an old pump track that we are going to rebuild , we are having a community day this Saturday to take back the park , starts at 8 if anybody wants to help , The idea is to get a place where kids can go to have fun and be safe.

Its in Fontainblue behind the little traffic training centre

I wish I had seen this, its just up the road from me. How did the build go?

Are you going to be finished by Friday? :) Staying in Gordons bay, so can't be far... :)

It is already plenty rideable...please come check it out when your'e in town! It's open to all members of the community to use...mahala...free of charge!!

We have timed lap rides there every We evening 5:30 onwards... come drop in for a lap.

Southey Vines....opposite the S-west police station

It is already plenty rideable...please come check it out when your'e in town! It's open to all members of the community to use...mahala...free of charge!!

We have timed lap rides there every We evening 5:30 onwards... come drop in for a lap.

Southey Vines....opposite the S-west police station

Going to be a short bike test Friday pm or Sat... just a giggle... :) Big test starts Sunday...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Gents,

Im really stoked on a pump track. Spoke to a few people and nothing really ever came of it.

I even got in touch with Lee from LeeLikesBikes and bought his pump track manual.

Drop me a PM so I can mail it to whoever wants a copy. I also have plans for this track (but Lee wants $100 for the dimensions).

Sea Otter 2010 pump track :

http://vimeo.com/22224588

Im happy to help in whatever way.

I even built a Deity Cryptkeeper thinking I was getting this pump track built... so hell yeah lets do this in JHB.

Hey Gents,

Im really stoked on a pump track. Spoke to a few people and nothing really ever came of it.

I even got in touch with Lee from LeeLikesBikes and bought his pump track manual.

Drop me a PM so I can mail it to whoever wants a copy. I also have plans for this track (but Lee wants $100 for the dimensions).

Sea Otter 2010 pump track :

Im happy to help in whatever way.

I even built a Deity Cryptkeeper thinking I was getting this pump track built... so hell yeah lets do this in JHB.

Dude, Pump Track Nation is a copywrite publication. I also have it, and in the email that Lee sends to anyone who buys it, he gives you the password and asks you specifically not to distribute it to others.

The guy makes his life out of skills clinics, pump track designs and coaching, so rather let people who want the book pay $ 9.99 . The price is very cheap if you consider the valuable information in the content.

I am busy with a kick ass pump track design, which we'll build in the heart of PE as soon as we get municipal approval.

I have also marked out a mini pump track on the farm this past weekend. Going to start building it over easter weekend.

Edited by Brian Fantana

Dude, Pump Track Nation is a copywrite publication. I also have it, and in the email that Lee sends to anyone who buys it, he gives you the password and asks you specifically not to distribute it to others.

The guy makes his life out of skills clinics, pump track designs and coaching, so rather let people who want the book pay $ 9.99 . The price is very cheap if you consider the valuable information in the content.

I am busy with a kick ass pump track design, which we'll built in the heart of PE as soon as we get municipal approval.

I have also marked out a mini pump track on the farm this past weekend. Going to start building it over easter weekend.

Yeah you've got a point there. I paid the $9.99 and Lee was very helpful with my questions.

Im just amped that there are others who are keen on a sick pump track.

I've got plans still to share though, one being the Sea Otter 2010 pump track as seen in the vid above.

I don't think you'd easily get bored on that layout...