Bwhaha, boxing gloves and low blows.

Haha. Guess I deserved that one.

Edited by Omega Man

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can always approach the scouts in that area. they are required to do community projects and that sort of thing in order for them to get advancements in scouting. Ask them if they can help. Cheap labor and its win win.

Has anyone here calling for a pump track every even built a half decent sized jump?

I know Super_mil, Peach, and myself have. (I was going to say Google, but I remember spending a few days one december building a landing for one of his jumps :P :lol: )

Anyway, those who have will know how much work it is to dig for, move, pack, and shape a relatively small amount of dirt.

A pump track is going to require 20x or more that amount of dirt and work. I am of the opinion (and yes this is my opinion) that in order to build a half decent pump track. One with real berms, and flow, thought out and planned (not like the rubbish one at the bike park), one will either:

• only see its completion just in time for the next Olympic Games
  • need a labour force of 15 plus (those who build will know this is rare)
  • need a bobcat (or TLB if SomeBloke gets his way)

The last option sounds the most feasable. So wherever this proposed pump track goes, I'd suggest that it can be accessed by a small earth moving vehicle, as well as not draw too much attention to said vehicle.

Just my opinion.

Hey that's not fare I said I was to hardcore :P for a landing and then you guys built it when i was living in Australia.

So when can we expect you Delta Parktonians to fix up both lips to that table?

:lol: just kidding. But I think a sneaky maintenance mission is in order

Best time is during the middle of the day during he week. Hardly anyone around. I'm keen...

There was a pump track started at Rietvlei, but I think it was abandoned.

Yip, I know that track far too well and so does SuperMill.

I spent about 20 full days working on that track, even had a TLB to do the initial moving.

Had help from 3 or 4 other guys for a few days.

Got the main loop done and we had a few fun sessions there but then exams came along and I ran out of time, it was also getting really expensive driving out there all the time.

After that I didn't go back for a while and the track was just left for ruins.

post-4310-0-34067200-1382475868_thumb.jpg

post-4310-0-60009900-1382475878_thumb.jpg

post-4310-0-90593200-1382476320_thumb.jpg

post-4310-0-23662600-1382476218_thumb.jpg

Edited by Peach.

You can always approach the scouts in that area. they are required to do community projects and that sort of thing in order for them to get advancements in scouting. Ask them if they can help. Cheap labor and its win win.

Can't you still get labour teams from Leeukop prison? They used to come free of charge....

Hi. If you have the contact details for the municipality / parks guys. Please post them here.

If you know a TLB owner who is a keen rider, let me know that too please.

Yip, I know that track far too well and so does SuperMill.

I spent about 20 full days working on that track, even had a TLB to do the initial moving.

Had help from 3 or 4 other guys for a few days.

Got the main loop done and we had a few fun sessions there but then exams came along and I ran out of time, it was also getting really expensive driving out there all the time.

After that I didn't go back for a while and the track was just left for ruins.

post-4310-0-34067200-1382475868_thumb.jpg

post-4310-0-60009900-1382475878_thumb.jpg

post-4310-0-90593200-1382476320_thumb.jpg

post-4310-0-23662600-1382476218_thumb.jpg

Can you say roughly where this track is at Rietvlei please ?

How about some track designs for the pump track and proposed line of jumps ?

Or some pictures of awesome tracks which we can copy, and improve ?

Can't you still get labour teams from Leeukop prison? They used to come free of charge....

This is a good idea. Know how to organise it ?

Hi. If you have the contact details for the municipality / parks guys. Please post them here.

If you know a TLB owner who is a keen rider, let me know that too please.

Dude, dont waste your time with parks/municipality. Seriously. I think before we build any new pump tracks we should get the one at Mikes Bikes up and running, I think aside from learning to ride a pump track it will also give those of us who want to build a better idea of how to build.

Dude, dont waste your time with parks/municipality. Seriously. I think before we build any new pump tracks we should get the one at Mikes Bikes up and running, I think aside from learning to ride a pump track it will also give those of us who want to build a better idea of how to build.

100% agree with this.

We had a pump track at Giba. It was invaded by JD Bugs and soccer moms...... Only other one I know of close by was at Bushview Bikepark but that one was so tight you needed to be a little person on a JD Bug to ride it! Track was ridiculously tight.

We had a pump track at Giba. It was invaded by JD Bugs and soccer moms...... Only other one I know of close by was at Bushview Bikepark but that one was so tight you needed to be a little person on a JD Bug to ride it! Track was ridiculously tight.

The Cascades PMB pump track is pretty darn awesome!

...also pretty sure it wasn't built by just a bunch of riders with shovels and wheelbarrows.

TLB! TLB!! TLB!!!