Fixie Project

Baaisikilist

Thank you, I saw your DHC. Thankfully you haven't destroyed it. It is nice.

I too decided to convert an old Vitus 979 to SS and built it up without damaging the frame. There are lots of options and I used a chain tensioner for a bit with spacers filling up the rear freewheel hub. I rode it for a bit but I am now restoring it to as near original as I can get. Finished rebuilding another Vitus a few weeks ago which I am selling - see https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/73905-vitus-dural-979/

I live & work in Sandton so send me a PM when you are in the area and I would be happy to show you my bike(s).

Also, plan to ride around Nector Norris Park at least once a week and so far Wednesday evenings have worked.

IMHO, I would buy a damaged, or cheaper track frame and then go the full hog building it into a SS or Fixie.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some videos we filmed while riding our fixies!

Where can I see them?

Where can I see them?

These videos are all uploaded on vimeo. Cant you watch it with the link I posted?

Niel, I don't know if it is only me, but no, I can't see any videos. I'm using Tapatalk and I don't know if that is the problem.

Niel, I don't know if it is only me, but no, I can't see any videos. I'm using Tapatalk and I don't know if that is the problem.

Otherwise you will have to search these videos on Vimeo

Nice mnr, looks very lekker. You say it is "fixie" bikes so if I understand correctly the pedals turn when the wheels turn?

Nice mnr, looks very lekker. You say it is "fixie" bikes so if I understand correctly the pedals turn when the wheels turn?

Yip...you don't stop pedaling..

Fixie=Fixed gear, so no free wheel

Like tedibear said, you don't stop pedaling! We were spinning at about 150+ rpm coming down suikerbossie!

Fixie=Fixed gear, so no free wheel

Like tedibear said, you don't stop pedaling! We were spinning at about 150+ rpm coming down suikerbossie!

I saw the feet go round and round like mad, be careful not to tear a muscle or dislocate a joint with such high cadence. :o

Finally she is complete!

Hansom frame, DuraAce Crankset and used my track wheels for the picture

Hi Neil, the light/dark treatment on the DA crankset is very good looking! :thumbup:

I saw the feet go round and round like mad, be careful not to tear a muscle or dislocate a joint with such high cadence. :o

haha remember: SPINNING IS WINNING!

• 1 month later...