[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #5 Down & Dirty

Tim_Fair

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TIM: for next year it might be a good idea if Advendurance printed emergency contact numbers on the stickers that we attach to our number boards. (much like they do on the competitor wrist bands for stage races)

About 16km in, the chap in front of me went down super hard on a flat road. Did his shoulder in quite painfully. I stopped, got off and waited with him for 10 mins till one of his mates cycled back to him, and I then reported it to the next water table 2 kms on.

When I was waiting with him, I didnt have an emergency number to call (silly me), and another guy who also stopped to assist battled to get hold of anyone.

Enjoyed the ride. Worked my butt off to catch up and pass all those who rode on past the accident scene

Dusty as hell though, my eyes are still blood shot and scratchy.

lekker vibe afterwards, looking forward to the Garden Route events this coming december.

TIM: for next year it might be a good idea if Advendurance printed emergency contact numbers on the stickers that we attach to our number boards. (much like they do on the competitor wrist bands for stage races)

About 16km in, the chap in front of me went down super hard on a flat road. Did his shoulder in quite painfully.

Shame, poor oke. The ambulance was there when I went past. His face spelt agony as they were stabalising him.

Who was the guy in full hub kit riding a Scott.

He came flying past me. It looked like I was standing still, did not even have time (or breath) to greet him. He must have started in one of the batches after C because I did not see him in our start group.

Did any one check their garmin or strava.. We did almost 1000 kn climb. 947 m to be exact, and i was told its nice and flat

It was nice and flat! There is no ways we did 946m climbing...

My Garmin said 449 meters climbing for the 1/2 marathon. Website said 323m.

The website was measured with a bryton. I've seen plenty times where the Garmin and Bryton's readings are different. Normally the Bryton is a little above the Garmin - so not sure if their reading was correct. I measured +-483 on the half with my Garmin Edge 500.

Who was the guy in full hub kit riding a Scott.

He came flying past me. It looked like I was standing still, did not even have time (or breath) to greet him. He must have started in one of the batches after C because I did not see him in our start group.

The guy in The Hub kit made me feel like I was on a sunday cruise. He passed me at about 30km in the half marathon but I am sure he was doing the 70km

The website was measured with a bryton. I've seen plenty times where the Garmin and Bryton's readings are different. Normally the Bryton is a little above the Garmin - so not sure if their reading was correct. I measured +-483 on the half with my Garmin Edge 500.

Mine was a Garmin Edge 800.

It was actually quite funny. On that steep rocky downhill section, with the three black arrows, at about 30km when I went over the handle bars. My Garmin came off my bike.

A guy and his wife or girlfriend that helped me back up put the Garmin back on my bike. When I started riding again the screen said lost the scale.

I still remember laughing because I ride a Scott Scale.

Thanks to those two riders that helped me.

I have torn the ligaments where my collarbone joins onto the shoulder.

Doc says 6 weeks no riding.

My wife thinks this is heaven and thinks I should fall off more often.

Those last 10 km's were not fun.

Edited by Muggins

The guy in The Hub kit made me feel like I was on a sunday cruise. He passed me at about 30km in the half marathon but I am sure he was doing the 70km

Yes we were doing the marathon. He came past me round the 35km mark. I tried wheelsuck a bit but I just didn't have the legs at that stage to keep up.