Rant: Chris Willemse

Lone_Ranger

Hahahah...does the name Cycle Lab mean anything.....Gauteng's not for sissies........hahahaha!

post-5403-0-72574500-1382085814_thumb.jpg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was preparing to rant, but I can have a lukewarm rave instead.

Here's a synopsis of my very recent experience with CWC.

• Order fork online :drool:
  • receive wrong size fork (26v29) :oops:
  • call them to rectify the problem - they sent a courier same-day to collect incorrect fork
  • Chatted to the guys, they had oversold the fork I wanted - no stock :cursing:
  • I asked them to make a plan.
  • They told me they found me a similar fork, I agreed that the fork would work.
  • I received a fork the next day :thumbup:
  • I inspected the fork, it had obviously been on a bike - the steerer was cut and it was a bit grimy. :cursing:
  • I emailed them expressing my disappointment on receiving a "used/demo" fork as I thought I was buying a new one.
  • They apologised and explained they had no stock and removed a fork from a new bike in the shop for me.
  • I asked for some kind of compensation for the difference between a new vs demo fork.
  • They gave me a voucher for the shop for what I consider a fair value. :thumbup:

Was my experience with them great? No.

Did they work with me to solve the issues? Yes.

My conclusion: **** happens - it's how you deal with it is what matters.

Had exactly the same experience last year. Was resolved and I ended up with a great value item.

Wow 7 pages!

Although I think really bad service from a shop/supplier/operator/ect does deserve to be brought to peoples attention, be it on HelloPeter or on a forum such as this, AND sometimes it's the only way to actually get a decent response, I do also feel that one needs to be careful of people jumping on the bandwagon and giving a company a bad image over the few bad incidents.

As for CWC, I've used them on many an occasion and never had an issue, but I feel the pain of the topic starter as I've experienced it with companies who are truly useless... Such as Multichoice(DSTV) :whistling:

CWC fan or no CWC fan - one can't ignore the fact that complaints are becoming alarmingly common, and not only on The Hub. Maybe it's just me but this is not the CWC I got to know a few years back...

Might be that they are getting to busy...

eg: 100 clients = super fast excellent service

250 clients = fast excellent service

500 clients = excellent service

750 clients = service

1000 clients = little service, eg...

They are good, but everyone wil experience problems here and there....

Wow 7 pages!

Although I think really bad service from a shop/supplier/operator/ect does deserve to be brought to peoples attention, be it on HelloPeter or on a forum such as this, AND sometimes it's the only way to actually get a decent response, I do also feel that one needs to be careful of people jumping on the bandwagon and giving a company a bad image over the few bad incidents.

As for CWC, I've used them on many an occasion and never had an issue, but I feel the pain of the topic starter as I've experienced it with companies who are truly useless... Such as Multichoice(DSTV) :whistling:

+++++ Nochoice (DSTV) a really useless company and a Multirippoff

• 2 months later...

Not a rant about CWC but I previously punted Evobikes in this debate but have to say today they let me down.Phoned today to see if they were open,yes,great be there later,but like a idiot I didn't ask if the item I wanted was in stock.Stupid I presumed that if the item said 'in stock' on the website it was actually in stock.So a wasted drive I took only to find out that of the chainrings I wanted they actually had nothing in stock,website shows that all sizes to be in stock.Worse is they will only maybe get stock in 2 weeks if the supplier actually gets his stock.Yes go ahead and flame me because I presumed too much but to me Evo have just become like most of the other online shops then.

• 2 months later...
Not a rant about CWC but I previously punted Evobikes in this debate but have to say today they let me down.Phoned today to see if they were open,yes,great be there later,but like a idiot I didn't ask if the item I wanted was in stock.Stupid I presumed that if the item said 'in stock' on the website it was actually in stock.So a wasted drive I took only to find out that of the chainrings I wanted they actually had nothing in stock,website shows that all sizes to be in stock.Worse is they will only maybe get stock in 2 weeks if the supplier actually gets his stock.Yes go ahead and flame me because I presumed too much but to me Evo have just become like most of the other online shops then.

Also punted for evobikes before and after that I got some spares and tools from them I must have mail him 5 times to confirm my order is correct as I needed parts and tools to get ready for race that weekend he asured me he had all. When I got there is was wrong or not there. But it did make my live easier of were to shop the please with cheapest price all that counts