Cyclist stabbed and bike jacked - Pta East

Roneblack46

Just got this from e block watch and facebook:

"For those in the Pretoria East area... the veld behind the Moraleta Church (between the squatter camp and the estate towards Mooikloof) .... please avoid the area. a friend of mine got bikejacked there yesterday afternoon. Unknown number of assailants. His bike was taken and he was stabbed 5 times in the back with a large knife (1.5" wide)"

Anybody have more details....

Just relaying this to the community..

Yes he's fine.

He's being released from hospital today. I will try find out from him just now what bike he had.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he's fine.

He's being released from hospital today. I will try find out from him just now what bike he had.

Please do that so we can keep an eye out for the thieving scum of the earth, spawn of the devil individuals.

Stay strong bud! Not a nice for these scum to take something we've worked so hard for!

Indeed. Now coincidentally it was only across the road that the dude's hands got chopped off... now if anyone finds a pair or two of hands lying around, you know we caught the bastards ;) (j/k)

I got some further information... ok, so it was a red/white/black bike. Yeah, useful, I know.

It wasn't in the veld parse, it was on that wide dirt shoulder along Garsfontein road just otherside Woodlands mall (probably the South side of the road) where the rubbish gets dumped. It's really worrying for me, because I've [and hundreds of other Pretoria riders] ridden there hundreds of times.

Eeish, the SA bike riding reality. Enter the war zone, be prepared for knives, guns and crazy people, and don't forget the crazy people with cars. You may lose your bike or your life or both but the ride if you make it past all obstacles will be awesome.

I got some further information... ok, so it was a red/white/black bike. Yeah, useful, I know.

It wasn't in the veld parse, it was on that wide dirt shoulder along Garsfontein road just otherside Woodlands mall (probably the South side of the road) where the rubbish gets dumped. It's really worrying for me, because I've [and hundreds of other Pretoria riders] ridden there hundreds of times.

Sorry to hear about this, glad the guy is OK!

You mean next to the road heading back from Mooikloof side with the rubbish/washing area to your left then before you get to the cemetery turn off?

Hectic if it happened next to the road like that.

Then you get cretins like minister Lulu Xingwana and her racial utterances.

http://mg.co.za/article/2013-02-27-xingwana-apologises-for-racist-comments-on-afrikaner-men-1

She got away with a feeble apology. She ignored the savage habits of african men that murder old people, rape hildren, hijack and injure cyclists and the list goes on and on. If our ministers can get away by stoking racial perception how the f.... Can we expect the poeples not to react.

How long will we as lambs waiting to be slaughtered just sit back and accept it. This is bullshyte.

Eeish, the SA bike riding reality. Enter the war zone, be prepared for knives, guns and crazy people, and don't forget the crazy people with cars. You may lose your bike or your life or both but the ride if you make it past all obstacles will be awesome.

Talk about an extreme sport, we are taking it from all sides

Ride on the road, the cars kill you.

Ride in the veld, the savages stab you.

Lekker place this South Africa

Sorry to hear about this, glad the guy is OK!

You mean next to the road heading back from Mooikloof side with the rubbish/washing area to your left then before you get to the cemetery turn off?

Hectic if it happened next to the road like that.

Precisely there. It's worrying, because it's where everybody rides.

Hi Guys,

Another attempted attack on Garsfontein road this morning. A friend of a friend went out early for a ride, as he got onto Garsfontein road two guys started to chase him. They also fired two shots at him. He managed to get away with no injury. He was however pretty shaken. It sounds as if this is the same part of the road as the other attack.

He has reported this to the Garsfontein police.

Guys please be careful out there!

Hi Guys,

Another attempted attack on Garsfontein road this morning. A friend of a friend went out early for a ride, as he got onto Garsfontein road two guys started to chase him. They also fired two shots at him. He managed to get away with no injury. He was however pretty shaken. It sounds as if this is the same part of the road as the other attack.

Yeah it was on the same stretch of road. He's already made a thread about it.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/132245-attempted-mtb-hi-jacking-pretoria-east/

Hi Guys,

Wtf!! Shooting at a rider, that's the wild west. Crazy

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the heads up.

This is crazy. My mother heard shots so this must be it.

Never go out that way but still too close for comfort, I have gone running out that way so even a slower target!