Bestmed Jacaranda race....Times must be very tough?

Mr Giant

Based on the complaints from last year referred to by a poster above - it seems like quite a few items were improved on this year.

Certainly I thought the marshals did an excellent job, they were highly visible and were very pro-active.

Also moving the start from NECSA is a big improvement notwithstanding the finish line immediately after a 90 degree hard left.

I think the big problem in terms of all the traffic issues stems from the participants being used to full road closure and perhaps riding as if there is full road closure thus setting themselves and others up for the inevitable clashes with traffic.

I certainly don't need a goodie bag, I do like getting a medal but most important to me is a safe race.

That is non-negotiable.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If memory serves then the original (yeah, the stolen one) Satelite race also ended with a 90 degree turn into the station?

Ask Malcolm and the other old(er) guys if this was ever a problem.

Not sure if we talking about the same guys, in the 80km A-bunch there was a guy that almost got klapped for not holding his line. This was my first road race and I thought this was a bit uncalled for as no one was really holding their line in the bunch.

Yip, AM bunch. Some agro guys in the bunch. If you want to wheelsuck, you need to be alert.

On a lighther note. Why did the bunch not wait for me on Vrekpoort. I was screaming, crying and at some stage praying, but nobody wanted to wait for me. I was alone at the turn back to the finish. Was is not for the young lady and her encouraging words, I probably would have still been battling with the wind.

I thought this race was better organised than many others I did this year....

Good marshalling and most cyclist that I managed to converse within AM managed to keep their good humour...even after Hekpoort, so I am rather surprised to see the number of grumpy cyclists on the Hub.

This race race sports some of the best scenery in Gauteng and the challenge of Hekpoort makes it unique. I agree that the finish could have been planned better but I would rather have concentrated on moving people along as it became clogged with the finishers.

And the race is only as expensive as we entrants allow it to be. If it was too expensive nobody would have entered...simple economics.

Why did the bunch not wait for me on Vrekpoort. I was screaming, crying and at some stage praying, but nobody wanted to wait for me.

I THINK AT SOME STAGE ITS HAPPENED TO US ALL,,FAST PACK SYNDROME you cant hear the strugglers at the back

Why did the bunch not wait for me on Vrekpoort. I was screaming, crying and at some stage praying, but nobody wanted to wait for me.

I THINK AT SOME STAGE ITS HAPPENED TO US ALL,,FAST PACK SYNDROME you cant hear the strugglers at the back

Did you even ride?

(I dont even know which heel is Vrekpoort :blush: ...the last 30km felt as if everything was just one big heel!)

(I dont even know which heel is Vrekpoort :blush: ...the last 30km felt as if everything was just one big heel!)

It wasn't that bad! ;-) On a 650cc motorbike :-P

Did you even ride?

NO I DIDNT RIDE, i am just saying at some or other time we have all experienced this, mine was in race for victory when i was praying

1380383_472759176171343_1590528126_n.jpg

Some pics from our side...

1379869_472777552836172_698623032_n.jpg

Road Rangers Scrum next to the road, think we can beat the BULLS? (just a bit of humour)

1390734_472777829502811_1910661585_n.jpg

Motivating some of the last cyclist along.

1384022_472842566163004_175266_n.jpg

Thanks for the help out there guys.

Appreciated.

I had a good race. Thought the organization was pretty good. If anything I can complain about is that Route 66 totally under estimated the amount of beer I drink post a race and they were hopelessly understaffed. The burgers sucked big time :)

1380383_472759176171343_1590528126_n.jpg

Some pics from our side...

1379869_472777552836172_698623032_n.jpg

Road Rangers Scrum next to the road, think we can beat the BULLS? (just a bit of humour)

1390734_472777829502811_1910661585_n.jpg

Motivating some of the last cyclist along.

1384022_472842566163004_175266_n.jpg

Thanks for your help guys. Always much appreciated :clap:

Some pissed off people i see....

So how do we put petrol on the fire?

Saw some photos on Cyclenation as well. Protestors speaking to CSA officials. Most of these complainants are members of CSA. They are governed under UCI and CSA RULES. As they are transgressing the rule of bringing cycling in disrepute I wonder whether they will be disciplined and fined for their behaviour. So bad for cycling. Dirty laundry in public.

Some pissed off people i see....

So how do we put petrol on the fire?

Ag shame, this will not get them anywhere. Too late to cry now Jakaranda