2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've been reading, the only sickness Betancur has is home sickness. Every time he finishes a big race and heads back home, he bunks the next scheduled races in Europe, his team can't get hold of him, he doesn't return any calls, reneges on his commitments, etc. From what I've been reading about him recently, I'm struggling to stay a fan. And I've been a big fan until now.

Yip, I've read that too.

I think that's the real story.

Cycling Weekly have just started getting the poms fired up for Twiggy to be included and encouraging everyone to do something with this cheery little button.

http://inspire-ipcmedia-com.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/06/backing-brad.jpg

Yip, I've read that too.

I think that's the real story.

Was also a rumour that he didn't have a visa. Who knows?

Cycling Weekly have just started getting the poms fired up for Twiggy to be included and encouraging everyone to do something with this cheery little button.

http://inspire-ipcmedia-com.s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/inspirewp/live/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2014/06/backing-brad.jpg

Cool, I like it,...... the pressure is only just starting.

There is always enormous pride in a home countries athletes and I believe its important that their best athletes in that sport are represented for obvious reasons.

There is always enormous pride in a home countries athletes and I believe its important that their best athletes in that sport are represented for obvious reasons.

They've already got Chris Froome in the lineup. So they don't have to worry about not having their best at the tour.

They've already got Chris Froome in the lineup. So they don't have to worry about not having their best at the tour.

Hmm, I am not sure the Brits see Froome as a Homie.

Hmm, I am not sure the Brits see Froome as a Homie.

They weren't slow to claim him when everyone realized he had potential.

They weren't slow to claim him when he won the tour last year.

And if he wins again this year, trust me, they will claim him all over again.

They weren't slow to claim him when everyone realized he had potential.

They weren't slow to claim him when he won the tour last year.

And if he wins again this year, trust me, they will claim him all over again.

So a bit like SA then.?

So a bit like SA then.?

Jip. Allot like Free State rugby supporters.

And if he loses of drops out they will flame him.

Like Andy Mury the "Brit tennis god" when he wins. And useless mommies boy Scot when he doesn't.

Jip. Allot like Free State rugby supporters.

And if he loses of drops out they will flame him.

Like Andy Mury the "Brit tennis god" when he wins. And useless mommies boy Scot when he doesn't.

Ha, Ha, Yah, agree, fans are a real fickle bunch.

Was also a rumour that he didn't have a visa. Who knows?

Yes, I read he was due to return to Europe to extend his visa or something in time for the Tour.

He missed the flight ...

Now there's talks of this viral condition

From what I hear, there have been months of frustrations for the AG2R team management w.r.t. Betancur (remember what happened when his girlfriend broke up with him last year?).

Reading between the lines, seems to me they've run out of patience with him. If you look back at the past year and how much racing he has missed because of his issues, I won't be surprised if he's out of contract soon.

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/racing/tour-de-france/carlos-betancur-causes-frustration-team-missed-flight-france-125834

who is looking like fools now after Wiggo got dropped on a liittle mountains that sagan managed to get over. Wiggo has a big bek with no legs

who is looking like fools now after Wiggo got dropped on a liittle mountains that sagan managed to get over. Wiggo has a big bek with no legs

I saw that the Sky DS (Dan Frost) claimed the reason for Wiggo losing out was because he was out of position at the back of the peloton at the time that the splits started to happen. I struggle to work out how that can be used as a valid reason. Sky are not that dumb to allow their leader to be at the back of the peloton at any time of a race, let alone at the key moment of a stage. You send your domestiques back to get food & instructions from the team car, etc. Why would he be back there?

Archived