2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

He is playing it safe, maybe team orders.....sure he will get the jersey which like you said he worked hard for...the way he got it does nothing for me though.

post-39623-0-86571700-1406278666_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is playing it safe, maybe team orders.....sure he will get the jersey which like you said he worked hard for...the way he got it does nothing for me though.

You might want to rethink that thought as he is the most consistent top 10 finisher in the stages and has done so for three consecutive years.

Edited by Malachi

He is clean till proven otherwise, is it difficult for people to simply sit and admire rather than throw the negative speculation out there all the time.

I thought about this and I think you're correct. I must be careful of my sceptism not changing to cynism.

We had a great tour thus far!

Nibali is the strongest of the remaining riders, so deserves the yellow jersey.

He will, however, suffer the same fate as Carlos Sastre in winning: next year the focus will be on Froome, Quintana and Contador, and Nibali will be cast aside, as Sastre was.

His best defence: come back and do it again next year.

To me, he looks the real deal, and may be capable of challenging.

I hope so, because he rides with panache - something that has been missing for an awful long time.

Vuelta is going to be EPIC!

You might want to rethink that thought as he is the most consistent top 10 finisher in the stages and has done so for three consecutive years.

Nah....sticking with it. Consistent yes...agree. Works hard...no doubt. Boring performance at this year's tour....a given.

Green jersey is supposed to be the most exciting one...intermediate sprints and all out efforts at the end....not sitting 3rd wheel and banking your points.

Thanks Dale! Cor Vos is an amazing photographer

Him and Jared Gruber rocks

Thanks Dale! Cor Vos is an amazing photographer

Him and Jared Gruber rocks

Only way to solve the green jersey slumpfest is to make all intermediate point before the hills and mountains. this way the "True" sprinters like Greiple, Cav, Kittle will have their teams contesting every point on offer and not allow Sagan to make breakaways.

Nibali is the strongest of the remaining riders, so deserves the yellow jersey.

He will, however, suffer the same fate as Carlos Sastre in winning: next year the focus will be on Froome, Quintana and Contador, and Nibali will be cast aside, as Sastre was.

His best defence: come back and do it again next year.

To me, he looks the real deal, and may be capable of challenging.

I hope so, because he rides with panache - something that has been missing for an awful long time.

Vuelta is going to be EPIC!

The difference from Sastre is Nibbles has the Vuelta and the Giro in the bag. He is the real deal.

No. Sagan worked f hard for that jersey. He chased every point on offer to him. The real big sprinters only work on on or to stages and when their trains let them down they back off. He fights every stage. He climbs hard for intermediate sprint points.

He tried for stage wins. Stage2 everyone rode against him. Stage 5 more of the same.

Yes he is a showman, but he is one of the best bike handlers. Look at the way he squeezes through non existing gaps in the final sprint.( without taking himself or others down ( yet )).

Yes

Yebo

Ja

The maillot vert comp is a points comp not a stage win comp, folks. Keep calm. :-)

He's always stated his priority for green at TdF.

His DS, in several interviews states that tactics by the team often left Sagan exposed and isolated, which made it difficult for wins.

Edited by ' Dale

Nah....sticking with it. Consistent yes...agree. Works hard...no doubt. Boring performance at this year's tour....a given.

Green jersey is supposed to be the most exciting one...intermediate sprints and all out efforts at the end....not sitting 3rd wheel and banking your points.

Granted...however that jersey is worth R375 000.00 excluding stage prize money.

Granted...however that jersey is worth R375 000.00 excluding stage prize money.

Sure....money...sponserships...deals. Good for him. Its the passion that I am not getting

Can't understand the Sagan hate. He is winning the points classification by a mile. Guess the pure sprinters are all miffed cause they can't get over the smaller bumps. Hate on.

No hate, just not loving him.....see oom green jersey holders are normally the loose cannons they get emotional when things go right or wrong, I prefer them that way. His performance is well...bland. Its a winning performance I agree...he will get the jersey come sunday...will I want to watch re-runs of how he got said jersey...no

Thats all.