2014 Tour De France

ScottCM

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Undercooked I think

The pace was hot yesterday

He was recovering from rib injuries after the crash at Giro.

Aiming to go big at Vuelta.

Thank goodness I swopped him last minute for Bardet in my fantasy team.

The subject of Chris using asthma inhalers has been well rinsed here and elsewhere, do some reading and get up to speed on the subject before offering your opinion in public, thanks,

post-29630-0-87178400-1404728991_thumb.jpg

Rising star Michal Kwiatkowski revealed he had been motivated by injured teammate Mark Cavendish before finishing third on the second stage of the Tour de France.

The 24-year-old Polish time-trial champion has been in fine form this year, winning the Tour of the Algarve in February and securing top five finishes at all three Ardennes Classics in April.

He first really announced his talent to the world at last year's Tour where he wore the white jersey for best young rider for several days before finishing third in that competition and 11th overall.

Some believe he can go even better and challenge for a top five finish this year.

The omens are good after he stuck with an elite group of overall challengers to finish third on Sunday's tough, hilly 201km stage from York to Sheffield in northern England.

And after the finish he said he had been inspired by British sprinter and Omega Pharma-Quick Step team leader Cavendish, who had to abandon the Tour after crashing at the finish of Saturday's opening stage.

"It's a different feeling riding without Cav," Kwiatkowski said. "I honestly really missed him today (Sunday), he gave a really nice speech to us this morning that motivated us. I hope he is well.

"For me, that was a stage which was close to a stage that can suit my skills, such as Liege-Bastogne-Liege, but with a much higher speed."

Kwiatkowski also finished third at Liege-Bastogne-Liege having earnt that same position at Fleche-Wallonne and taken fifth at the Amstel Gold Race.

Kwiatkowski said it had been a struggle to keep up over nine categorised climbs but that he was proud of his achievement.

"I suffered so much on all of the climbs. It was not easy to be in the front," he said.

"I think I did my best and I have nothing to complain about."

He added: "I am happy about my performance and my third place finish. It boosts my confidence."

Kwiatkowski lost form following his strong April showing and even had to pull out of the Tour of Romandie following a disastrous third stage in which he lost more than half an hour, despite wearing the leader's yellow jersey after winning the opening prologue.

"Now, the feeling is back that I had from the beginning of the season and my morale is high. I am happy to do well and, in a way, show Cav that we will fight for him even though he is not here with us," added Kwiatkowski.

post-29630-0-87178400-1404728991_thumb.jpg

Not at all

Unless you're humouring

Focus on the racing, I suggest

The Inhalergate scandal was well discussed before.

Live coverage has started on 216 :)

Gonna be one short day.

Prob 3.5 hours of racing or so, depending on conditions

(almost like a rest day, but I reckon the pace is gonna be hot)

GO KITTEL

Right I have my spot in front of the tellie. . Air con on.. cup of cappuccino. . I am ready.. still in neutral zone.

Right I have my spot in front of the tellie. . Air con on.. cup of cappuccino. . I am ready.. still in neutral zone.

Aircon ?

Aircon ?

Yeah that one ;)

You must excuse me it is bloody cold today.. oopsies will happen.

Yum nom nom

Have to pop out for 40mins or so at 2 but I'll stream it on my iPad till I get back to the 'big screen' :)

I don't know if any of you saw the TDF drinking game.. but if you have you have to drink cause Froome is already looking at his stem.

Archived