Dear Giant...

Iwan Kemp

Giant dude being an ass - assinign / assinine

true. but the g.. waht does the g mean!! or is that also a 'clever' mindwarp to infer giant? btw: u doing a good job of saving this chap :P

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you gonna throw sticks, at least sharpen the ends first. Spelling is actually important. Credibility101. ;)

:lol: :lol:

Thanks, rofl of the day...

As per another post by Flowta, he is getting some of these for his bike .... http://www.csttires....-tire/bftc1752/

Will be most interested to hear how they ride. CST haven't ever been a serious contender before AFAIK.

(Although that one does look an awful lot like a High Roller...)

Will be most interested to hear how they ride. CST haven't ever been a serious contender before AFAIK.

But they have been making tyres for other brand (i.e. Maxxis)

Guest Omega Man

Giant dude being an ass - assinign / assinine

Maybe it's supposed to be ass-in-nine?

But they have been making tyres for other brand (i.e. Maxxis)

Ah, that would explain things. In my experience they've always been a budget brand, but if they've got that kind of manufacturing experience I'd happily give them a go.

[/hijack]

generally. they don't seem to like sealant, especially the thinner walled XC tyres

I thought Kenda didn't like sealant. Set up single-ply Minions with no problem at all

generally. they don't seem to like sealant, especially the thinner walled XC tyres

using stans or other sealants?

yeah. Had issues with Crossmarks and the High Roller.

And this is with Stans, Joes and the yellow stuff. Doesn't seem to like anything with ammonia in it.

Had similar issues with a few other brands like the Kenda and Specialized as well.

Only tyres that have been reliable as tubeless is the big names Michelin, Hutchinson and Continental which is why I end up paying a little more (or a lot if you buy local) but reliability is most important to me.

Not fond of a front tyre rolling off or burping air or worse failing and jamming bewteen rim and fork (not happened to me personally but seen it happen on that race)

And this is with Stans, Joes and the yellow stuff. Doesn't seem to like anything with ammonia in it.

Had similar issues with a few other brands like the Kenda and Specialized as well.

Only tyres that have been reliable as tubeless is the big names Michelin, Hutchinson and Continental which is why I end up paying a little more (or a lot if you buy local) but reliability is most important to me.

Not fond of a front tyre rolling off or burping air or worse failing and jamming bewteen rim and fork (not happened to me personally but seen it happen on that race)

I have run thousands of k's with Stans in Crossmarks and Specialized without any worries.

Another Friday thread in the making. I will have stock up on popcorn before tomorrow when this thread will develop a life on it's own. :whistling:

do you use bombs with your sealants?

While i dont doubt your experiences, i'ave had great success with stans sealing up a slick that was more porous than a broken sieve, breaking into sealant whiteheads like a sugar soaked new adolescent. Granted, it took almost 2 days to seal, but once it did, it's been sealed for over a year now. with zero issues, even when it went completely flat and i had to repalce the sealant and reinflate.

Archived