BOOMSLANG!!!

The entry to the first switch is open to ride. we focussed on this part of the track as it had a tree lying across the trail with a pretty high drop which could and would catch riders unaware.

The trail is by no means complete but what has been built so far is a taste of what kind of finish to expect ( for all trails). Next week we'll get the rest of Boomslang open to ride and when time allows, we'll revisit the trails from top to bottom and make changes based on your comments or what the trail needs as it continues to be ridden.

It also has to be said that there will be a certain amount of pedalling on the snake trails, there will be a new track built one day that will satisfy the requests for less pedaling, I hope to present the new trails for Tokai mid next year when the required process nears completion. The future trail will be presented on all social media for comment... Exciting times ahead but only possible if we stay positive and apply some respect for the system.

Feel free to post what you guys enjoy or don't enjoy, we welcome positive input!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

..................It also has to be said that there will be a certain amount of pedalling on the snake trails........................

No way! Why? Isn't pedalling to get up there enough? :ph34r: :devil: ;)

Went up there with Ben this afternoon and after the slowest desent of Mamba ever seen (baboon related enforced stops) we played about on the start of Boomslang and had a great time.

Tokai MTB making children happy.

I am currently being forced to ride up to Boomslang every day, an overly energetic ten year old can be hard work at times. Apparently he just *has* to ride the entrance and berm every day or life is pointless...

I am buggered.,

Imput from the energetic one is this -

The entrance is fantastic all the way through the berm.

After that it is, in his words, 'a bit slow'. Personally I like slow. I have a feeling that once a few more bikes have been down there it will add the speed the little maniac seems to crave.

On a personal note can you please make all the interesting stuff a bit lower down the mountain and, if possible, stop being so bloody good further up as I am running out of excuses here.

Edited by marko35s

is cobra the topmost one? can that entry be moved closer to the intersection? must be a sumbitch of note trying to get to the existing entrance to work on the trail, not to mention just to start riding the bloody thing..

When I was asked what type of vehicle I needed, there was a sum total of zero seconds in my response, 4x4!

When I was asked what type of vehicle I needed, there was a sum total of zero seconds in my response, 4x4!

Maybe in winter but most of the time anything with decent ground clearance would make that climb.

Winter though, as I mentioned, would be fun to watch.

Maybe in winter but most of the time anything with decent ground clearance would make that climb.

Winter though, as I mentioned, would be fun to watch.

You're right, even in winter I can get up the first stretch in only rear wheel drive, there are enough stones offering grip. The trip to the Switchbacks with a full ton load, and the short 20m hill in the corner passed Puff Adder.. now that's a different story! Actually, during the rain and scraping of the road, getting to Fairie Garden was a task for 4x4 and diff lock on!

That said, driving over the wattle on Cobra level 5 is always more fun in full 4-wheel lock. :devil: :clap:

It also has to be said that there will be a certain amount of pedalling on the snake trails, there will be a new track built one day that will satisfy the requests for less pedaling...

http://content.artofmanliness.com/uploads/2008/07/sullivan_man_up.jpg

Was gonna go with this, but decided against it...

http://www.askheartbeat.com/ahb2010/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Man-Up-whydontcha.jpeg

I'm glad you decided not to. Whew, major issue averted!

In all seriousnessless. As long as it flows I don't mind. Yeah I'd love to never pedal for km's and km's without end, but it's not going to happen any time soon and I'm more than chuffed enough to just be out on my bike.

Last time we were out on the slope in the soaring heat busting our balls, the only two guys bitching about the lines and what was going on showed up late and left without swinging an axe or picking up a rake.

Hmmm...hotdogs...