Absa Cape Epic 2014 Route

scuzzy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tour does similar climbs but the routes are generally very different. It's just unimaganative by Dr Evil, western cape has many more places to ride.

Maybe 2012 was a very profitable year and all they see are dollar signs. #capeepicdissapointed

But I am paid up and will enjoy it non the less. But J2C and pioneer now look more interesting. But that amabubesi is calling. But then again I can just buy the jersey at the store, no?

It is a cut-and-paste combination of the 2009 and the 2012 Cape Epics.

They only have to make sure to replace the Adidas branding from the 2009 markers...

So what if some of the routes are similar to 2012.... I cant remember much of the 2012 route anyway through all the blood and sweat, so it will all seem new anyway. Epic simply cant be compared to other SA stage races. If you havent done it you wouldnt understand. Its just on another level.

These are the cold hard fact. Anyone who rides MTB would love to do the Epic.

Some of us tell ourselves its to expensive (its not cheap but nothing worthwhile in life is cheap and people can make a plan by saving R1500 odd a month for a year), some say training takes up to much time ( this is the hardest part of the epic, you really need to put in the prep). Some say the route is boring (no matter how u cut it riding for 8 days thru the Western Cape mountains will be anything but boring.

So when all is said and done there are two types of MTBers in this world those that have ridden the epic and those that wish to ride it someday.

These are the cold hard fact. Anyone who rides MTB would love to do the Epic.

Some of us tell ourselves its to expensive (its not cheap but nothing worthwhile in life is cheap and people can make a plan by saving R1500 odd a month for a year), some say training takes up to much time ( this is the hardest part of the epic, you really need to put in the prep). Some say the route is boring (no matter how u cut it riding for 8 days thru the Western Cape mountains will be anything but boring.

So when all is said and done there are two types of MTBers in this world those that have ridden the epic and those that wish to ride it someday.

Not a celeb ,Absa employee or Exxaro member .Only a mtb,er that looks for value for money and a memorable event .Thank goodness there are organizers like Dryland ,,Advendurance, Wappo and team

• 4 weeks later...