Hope Brake Appreciation Thread

patches

First bit of useful info in almost 10 pages. Interesting, I never knew that - I'm not going to test it though, luckily I have shitmanos. :w00t:

I do know about both fluids being unfriendly to pads though - first hand experience :blush:

That's why you should bleed brakes with brake blocks in, not pads... or rotors... that also eliminates issues when you have too much fluid when you put new pads in... and clearance issues...

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DOT = Department Of Transport

See:

http://www.stoptech....ers/brake-fluid

http://auto.howstuff...rake-fluid2.htm

What Is DOT In Brake Fluid?

And the US DOT is also a bunch of TWATS.... they recently stopped ATE from producing brake fluid called ATE super blue because it is blue in colour - not amber... (and they make an identical fluid that is amber) - this is really useful when doing a complete fluid change because the colour changes - BUT no, not allowed by DOT..

That's why you should bleed brakes with brake blocks in, not pads... or rotors... that also eliminates issues when you have too much fluid when you put new pads in... and clearance issues...

Made that mistake once :thumbdown:

Forced the caliper open the night before a ride and landed up popping the seal in the lever, thankfully you just take it apart and push it back into place :thumbup:

AVID :ph34r:

Purple for Peaches

http://lp1.pinkbike.org/p4pb2985393/p4pb2985393.jpg

Thanks but im over purple, making the transition to blue ;)

Thanks but im over purple, making the transition to blue ;)

Its not like i was giving them too you :w00t:

K... thnx bye... im out of the turd :thumbup:

What happened to the sheriff, skip town?

I can appreciate that these are good brakes (they sure look'it )but I found new 4-pots for under 3k.. AVID :ph34r:

So if I understand it correctly

Guys that do DH and buy hope brakes are pretty much like men going through midlife crises so they buy big/fast/flashy cars that they don't really know how to use to impress their friends and a couple of young naive girls?

Take it for a quick ride on a Sunday and then sell it again 6-12 months later with very little mileage being done?

What happened to the sheriff, skip town?

I can appreciate that these are good brakes (they sure look'it )but I found new 4-pots for under 3k.. AVID :ph34r:

The new Avid Trail look HOT :drool:

post-4310-0-25398200-1383128910_thumb.jpg

Guest Omega Man

The new Avid Trail look HOT :drool:

post-4310-0-25398200-1383128910_thumb.jpg

holishiz!

You can get those for under 3k?

Guys that do DH and buy hope brakes are pretty much like men going through midlife crises so they buy big/fast/flashy cars that they don't really know how to use to impress their friends and a couple of young naive girls?

Take it for a quick ride on a Sunday and then sell it again 6-12 months later with very little mileage being done?

So if I do DH and buy Avid brakes do I still have a midlife crisis?

Sounds about right.

Guest Omega Man

So if I do DH and buy Avid brakes do I still have a midlife crisis?

What if I have Hopes on my AM bike? This is all so confusing.

What if I have Hopes on my AM bike? This is all so confusing.

Too much to think about, time for a lunch brake, Hope there is some food in the fridge.

When Rouxtjie started speaking about DOT I thought he was refering to that dot system people now use to track and trace things (I thougth maybe some people would want to do that due to the price of Hopes....expecially the ones with the green you know)

just shows you how little a woman knows about lubricants .....

OK...so WHAT colour is your hair?? :ph34r: :ph34r:

I've always only had the greatest admiration for you with your superior knowledge of all things mechanical...till now...your lubricant knowledge failure was a severe setback for me!!! Who's gonna be me new idol?? :whistling: