renting racing wheels

fishbone07

don't you have friends with such wheels?

I suppose not one that will let you use his then?

I have not heard of such a scheme but ask your LBS, this might become a money spinner

Yea, would love to race IMSA next year in decent wheels but cant afford to buy some. Would def be keen on renting some for the race tho..

Have a look at www.flywheelhire.co.za, it's a mate of mate's business he is setting up. I have never tried it and not sure how it works but I remember him telling me about it so thought I would share it here.

Have a look at www.flywheelhire.co.za, it's a mate of mate's business he is setting up. I have never tried it and not sure how it works but I remember him telling me about it so thought I would share it here.

This is exactly what the OP is looking or but works out quite expensive. You could buy a decent set of wheels after 3 or 4 races.

Looks good!

Looking at the hiring price - I still have PRO shimano disc wheels for sale in either Tubular or Clincher from R6000. They all new never been used.

Would consider hiring a clincher at half the price quoted on the web site mentioned in this thread - but no frills - so person would need to organize insurance and pay shipping or collect!