Cyclists returning ftom the Nissan trail seeker today.

lone.*

When are you going to put number plates on your bike racks.

Who seriously gives a ****? spend your energy elsewhere more important.

Its a valid point. And just gives more ammo to those who dislike cyclists already. Is it a costly hassle? Yes. But its the law unfortunately. And if we want certain laws upheld or approved, then we should abide by the laws that are already in place. If you dont have a visible numberplate, dont cry when you get fined.

If you use a trailer, you make sure the lights work. If you use a bike rack, the same approach should apply.

I agree it's a valid question. Has anyone ever been fined due to your bike rack obstructing the number plate?

I remember worrying about this every time I passed a cop when I just started out cycling, but recently not so much.

I agree it's a valid question. Has anyone ever been fined due to your bike rack obstructing the number plate?

I remember worrying about this every time I passed a cop when I just started out cycling, but recently not so much.

Yes and also for bikes obstructing indicators

After one Mabalingwe Lion Man, the cops in Bela-Bela only pulled off cars with bike racks. They had a field day at R500/pop. You should see their faces when they pulled me over and the plate was on, while numerous R500 pops flew past. I made some conversation, asked for directions, took a looong time to take my license out, etc.

On the way to Berg and Bush this year they had a road block just passed the first toll gate I think, they fined every car that had no number plate on the bike rack.

@Backpacker...that is actually a very valid point. But, if you are taking your own bikerack then surely there is space for a numberplate?

If not taking a rack, thats what a backseat is for!!

Never used to worry on my Thule express. Tied two zip ties to the back and just said that it must have blown off ;)

But I actually just stopped at the shop to get one made since I got this on the weekend :)

post-13721-0-92240900-1383570838_thumb.jpg