Calling the Fly fishing manne

Pieter1

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bass are loads of fun on a 6/7 wt setup. I either use a streamer or a hair popper that I tie myself, on a floating line.

I have stepped on one of these buggers, it bit me on the top of my foot, but luckily couldn't get through 3 layers of leather. I shat myself

I’ll give that a go next time I’m home. Jis man you can be lucky. That is not something I want to experience. Whenever I buy hiking boots puffys are something I think about. Like would this stop those fangs... Jis man those phodies look amazing!!! Going to Oman next week, don’t have my fly stuff here so going to do some light spining and some trawling. I’ll post some pics.

I’ll give that a go next time I’m home. Jis man you can be lucky. That is not something I want to experience. Whenever I buy hiking boots puffys are something I think about. Like would this stop those fangs... Jis man those phodies look amazing!!! Going to Oman next week, don’t have my fly stuff here so going to do some light spining and some trawling. I’ll post some pics.

He's from Dubai, and has shown me some pics of Red Sea GTs. Those things are monsters. They had to hold a mutual friend on the boat, because the GT was pulling him off, and he's not a little oke.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Buddy has just spent a week at Astove.

His pics make me verry jealous1d7092d6e93503090dc027a47f343cb7.jpg

This here is a picture of a man standing on the flats in heaven. So jealous, I sommer go and buy bike stuff to ease the pain. ;)

Oman GT

post-2975-0-13959200-1521801934_thumb.jpg

This here is a picture of a man standing on the flats in heaven. So jealous, I sommer go and buy bike stuff to ease the pain. ;)

I agree, me too

The fish, and lots of GTs83f207ac2b13b696b8069e572978efac.jpg

Other fish may be prettier, more colourful, meaner looking, but NOTHING looks FASTER than a bonefish. :thumbup: They are the "red bikes" of the fishy world! :whistling:

Oman GT

attachicon.gifDGT.jpg

I agree, me too

Now, with the giant kingfish picture, you are just rubbing it in :(  :thumbdown:  ;) A king of over 1 metre on fly must rate as one of those lifetime catches!

Now, with the giant kingfish picture, you are just rubbing it in :(  :thumbdown:  ;) A king of over 1 metre on fly must rate as one of those lifetime catches!

That wasn't on fly, but still. But those aren't my pics. My biggest kingie on live bait was about 7kg

Jis man. I hope I get stuck into one of those. Jis!!!

Getting stuck into one of those is just the first step, after that you will get treatment like you would expect from your meanest gangster streetfighter. It will make for a reef, shake you, pull you, rattle you, tire you out, cut you off, make you think you are winning and then stun you with its next run. It will make you pray to the gods of carbon fibre and nylon to protect your gear and you'll regret not doing more push ups. Hooking a GT and landing it, are two different events with quite a bit of space in between them. But, if luck is on your side, and the gods of fishing feel like smiling your way, you'll have stories to tell your grandkids one day.....yes, I know, I'm overly emotional....it's because they won and I lost......this far! ;)   

Edited by DJR

Getting stuck into one of those is just the first step, after that you will get treatment like you would expect from your meanest gangster streetfighter. It will make for a reef, shake you, pull you, rattle you, tire you out, cut you off, make you think you are winning and then stun you with its next run. It will make you pray to the gods of carbon fibre and nylon to protect your gear and you'll regret not doing more push ups. Hooking a GT and landing it, are two different events with quite a bit of space in between them. But, if luck is on your side, and the gods of fishing feels like smiling your way, you'll have stories to tell your grandkids one day.....yes, I know, I'm overly emotional....it's because they won and I lost......this far! ;)

Jis man! This makes me even more excited!!! I’ve been watching the No boundries Oman guys on youtube. Looks like an experiance!