Knee Pads (advice)

YUMEYA

Shopping for knee pads.

looking to buy knee pads for trail riding. So something especially comfy when pedaling.

Thanks.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought myself some of those G-Form knee pads

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb7430039/p4pb7430039.jpg

I have yet to actually ride with them (and fall with them) but they feel comfy, light, and breathable.

Here's the Pinkbike review. and if you search youtube you'll probably see a ton of clips demonstrting how the foam hardens on impact and absorbs 90% of the energy.

But yeah, for trail riding they look like the most comfy

thanks..

Been also looking at the IXS Flow.

Apparently they are VERY good. Also ones to consider are the POC ones. Couple of guys I know have them, and not only do they look classy but apparently they fit well to boot.

My trusty old faithfuls are Troy Lee T-Bones. I have done multiple consectutive long days with them. Other than a funky smell, they were great. ut for trail/AM riding, the T-Bones (and similar) will feel hot and bulky).

I've heard good things about the Leatt knee guards, as well as the newer TLD KG's

I bought myself some of those G-Form knee pads

http://ep1.pinkbike.org/p4pb7430039/p4pb7430039.jpg

I have yet to actually ride with them (and fall with them) but they feel comfy, light, and breathable.

Here's the Pinkbike review. and if you search youtube you'll probably see a ton of clips demonstrting how the foam hardens on impact and absorbs 90% of the energy.

But yeah, for trail riding they look like the most comfy

Tea lady how much did you pay? and let us know what you think of it when u tried'em out??

Tea lady how much did you pay? and let us know what you think of it when u tried'em out??

I got mine for around R650. Went riding on Paarl trails this Sunday and it was faaaaarkin hot. I didn't even notice I was wearing pads. Really light and comfy.

I got mine for around R650. Went riding on Paarl trails this Sunday and it was faaaaarkin hot. I didn't even notice I was wearing pads. Really light and comfy.

I paid R600... I would wear them this afternoon, but baggies and FiveTens already give me enough of a bad rep on the spruit :lol:

I was using the 661 Kyle Straights and they were okay for dirt jumping, DH etc, but sucked when it came to pedalling.

I'm now using the Leatt 3df knee pads and they are extremely comfortable. Done 30km+ rides in them in warm conditions and I've been very impressed. I haven't had a big fall with them (yet) but they definitely fit better than my 661's and I am pretty confident that they are more likely to stay in the right place in the event of a fall. They are conform to my leg quite well so the edge of the pad does not touch the frame while pedalling.

http://26bikes.interbikes.eu/file/24218/1.jpg

Archived