crappy mornin on the bike

epoh

i went out this morning at 3:50am and about ten meters out my pedal snapped on my training bike smiley19.gif .. turned back to go and fetch my other bike.. went out for my ride and on the way back i was confined to a stretch of wet tar smiley7.gif Grrrrrr...!@#@#%$@#@ One of the guys came down on the tar, luckily only a few bruises.

My whole bike is a mess now, my clothes everything is full of freakin taaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!@!#@ My clothes, my shoes .. noooooooo!!! That stuff sits like a tattooo on everything.

This is not where i want to be on a Thursday morning smiley5.gif.

First stop - Dry Cleaners, Second Stop - Cycle Shop for a service... faaarking helll!!@!!@

Now I feel a bit better smiley1.gif

ehehe...dude...forget the tar... hows the wind? That down tube on the Soloist must come into play smiley11.gif

that what happens when you go cycling at an hour when normal folk are still in bed sleeping! ;-)

i hope the rest of the day improves, and that you manage to get all the tar off the cervelo

I would rather sit with tar on my clothes than to sit with this guilty feeling of not going for a ride this morning because I was too lazy and it was way to cold!

Now I have to sit for a hour on the indoor this evening while watching Egoli!

I am bonking just at the thought of it!

At least you had a ride, I just had a crappy morning!!

Up at 2am to drive to Sun City to collect a customer at 4am and take him to the airport to catch the 6am "Sinus express" to Cape town, only to find it was delayed, so I had to drive back to the office in peak hour traffic, the journey from the airport to Bedfordview, probably 20 odd kms took nearly 2 frigging hours.!!!!!

......so I have already had my stress levels at 99% for 8 hours and its not even midday.!!smiley35.gif

Sheesh epoh! Getting up at 3h50 to cycle in the week. No wonder during

races you drop me like a bran-filled turd in a porta-potty! Ouch! I

feel tired just ready about it...

At least you had a ride' date=' I just had a crappy morning!!

Up at 2am to drive to Sun City to collect a customer at 4am and take him to the airport to catch the 6am "Sinus express" to Cape town, only to find it was delayed, so I had to drive back to the office in peak hour traffic, the journey from the airport to Bedfordview, probably 20 odd kms took nearly 2 frigging hours.!!!!!

......so I have already had my stress levels at 99% for 8 hours and its not even midday.!!smiley35.gif

[/quote']

oookay! Porky takes the prize for a crappy morning smiley17.gif

ehehe...dude...forget the tar... hows the wind? That down tube on the Soloist must come into play smiley11.gif

into the wind it is fine but when it comes from the side you really struggle and wobble all over the road.

Epoh - I admire your dedication mansmiley32.gifsmiley32.gifsmiley32.gif

Sheesh epoh! Getting up at 3h50 to cycle in the week. No wonder during

races you drop me like a bran-filled turd in a porta-potty! Ouch! I

feel tired just ready about it...

I recently started training on the road during the week, I never used to do it before. I am more confident now smiley4.gif. I am gonna do my best to keep it up!

let me tell you boys and girls something..... there is nothing nicer than doing a ride ,that time of the morning...... no cars (dep. where you stay), it just you and the bike. And for me staying close to stellenbosch you take the country road and when it is full moon......... tjtjtjt....... better you dont get.......

i &%^$* love it....  oooo and you just feels better during your working day.

The day when i do skip the morning ride i do feel $^&@&.....

http://skins.hotbar.com/skins/mailskins/em/070104/070104_emM10_prv.gif

aka KID

i can't wait to resume michH and my morning rides, but only once it warms up again. also 4:30 - 5:00 is quite early enough for me... anything earlier and i'd be dangerous ;-)

Hmmm... now that you raise that point SP.... I see it's getting lighter earlier and earlier. Of course I can only vouch for after 6:30 in the morning, I try not to get up before then!!

But I am starting to feel like it's time to get going again. Once this wind is finished it's business and your hip is 100% A OK

michH, they say the wind should be over by the weekend... i'll know by the end of the weekend how i've survived 350-400km and then we can schedule from there. golf club terrace hill reps will just need to wait a little bit still.