New triathlon???

TYWALK

http://wts.triathlon.org/

About the ITU World Triathlon Series

The ITU World Triathlon Series is the pinnacle of the sport and the world’s leading platform to promote a more active lifestyle. It:

• Crowns the World Champions Provides the best elite competitions in standards of quality and prize money.
  • Has the best locations in some of the most iconic cities of the world.
  • Consists of premium events with the highest standards in look and feel and spectator experience.
  • Has the largest and worlds best age-group events – for Sprint and Standard distance.
  • Achieves the highest numbers in global TV and media reach of the sport.

The entire series will be broadcast online via http://triathlon.org/tv

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds great. Three weeks to recover from IMSA to make my name on the international stage. Haha

3 weeks of speed drills! sorted!

Definitely something to consider!!

Rather 10 days completely off and then 10 days of speed work.

Costs: Olympic distance is R895, sprint R750.

bargain

Kevin McCallum@KevinMcCallum 33m

ITU World Triathlon Series Cape Town: swim will take place over two laps from quay 6 of the V&A Waterfront. Cycle and run along Beach Road.

before everyone asks where quay 6 is, it's basically outside the aquarium. going to have to be smart with logistics here!

Anyone know who is the Race Director/organising body?

Do ITU bring in their own team? Must be some massive logistical issues at that venue.

Will be spectacular! Have visions of one of the 'friendly' seals doing a lead out on the swim.

Do ITU bring in their own team? Must be some massive logistical issues at that venue.

Will be spectacular! Have visions of one of the 'friendly' seals doing a lead out on the swim.

i saw a lot of cape epic signs/arrows at the waterfront yesterday, just saying

Just make sure you get on his feet early

http://www.triathlon.org/news/article/wts_capetown

ITU today announced an addition to the 2014 World Triathlon Series calendar. For the first time ever, a World Triathlon Series event will be held on the continent of Africa with a race slated to be held at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town, South Africa on April 26-27, 2014.

The World Triathlon Cape Town race will serve as the second stop on the eight-city tour, which kicks off in Auckland on April 5-6. Cape Town is one of only two cities to debut on the WTS calendar in 2014, with Chicago also hosting an event for the first time.

http://www.triathlon.org/images/logos/wts/wts_pos_blue_cmyk.png“We have been working to secure a WTS event in Africa for a long time,” ITU President and IOC Member Marisol Casado said. “We are very excited to bring our fast paced, action-packed style of racing there. The location is an ideal spot for premium racing, and will also serve as an important development tool for all of Africa.”

Race organizers have proposed a two-lap 1500m swim within the V&A Waterfront, followed by a scenic eight-lap 40km bike ride along Beach Road and a four-lap 10km run with constant ocean views for the elites. The weekend of events will also include races for mass participation events.

Furthermore, the heart of the event will be the Race Village hosted at the Look Out Venue at the V&A Waterfront which will feature a lifestyle expo and will contain grand stands from which the public has a clear view of the finish line.

“South Africans are passionate about sport, and will be very excited to have another world-class, premium sporting event to add to their active lifestyles,” said Bruce Parker-Forsyth, CEO of local delivery partner, WORLDSPORT.

Age groupers will have the option to choose between a standard distance course or hone their speed skills on a sprint course. Standard and sprint distance team relays are also on the schedule, offering a race for all abilities. In addition to the competitions, athletes will be treated to a weekend full of festivities including sundown concerts, a race exhibition, kids & family races.

“The World Triathlon Series is an exciting multi-city global series, during which athletes earn points throughout the season for a chance to be crowned the ITU Triathlon World Champion at the Grand Final,” said CEO Lagardère Unlimited Events AG, Christian Toetske. “Every 2014 WTS event will feature age-group races, with all elite women’s and men’s races broadcast live to an international audience in more than 160 countries, as well as streamed online live. Equally important, these events give the public the opportunity to compete on a World Triathlon Series stage.”

“We are proud to see Cape Town, South Africa - indeed Africa added to the World Series calendar,” said Debbie Alexander, President of Triathlon South Africa. “This event will contribute to the continued growth of triathlon in not only South Africa - but all of Africa.”

WorldSport seem to be the race organisers. Looking at their website and events they are involved with, they are a heavy hitter.