29ER Frame size???

kees21

Hi all

I know this topic has been discussed till end of days...but i'm getting mixed info regarding specific frame size for myself.

I'm on the verge of buying a Merida TFS 300 29ER and i'm 1.79m. The shop guru tells me that I should go with a medium frame.

What would you suggest?

You could probably fit both - I am 1.87 and ride a large (with no headset spacers and flat bars), but am OK on my friends medium, although a little over the bars (which can be sorted by a longer stem and/or a setback seatpost)

Ride the bike - see how it feels. I guess a medium would be a better fit unless you have abnormally long arms

You could probably fit both - I am 1.87 and ride a large (with no headset spacers and flat bars), but am OK on my friends medium, although a little over the bars (which can be sorted by a longer stem and/or a setback seatpost)

Ride the bike - see how it feels. I guess a medium would be a better fit unless you have abnormally long arms

Why oh why ........ *SMK*

Why oh why ........ *SMK*

Personal preference - some like it, some don't. That's why they are available to buy. Duh.

Just leave it at a medium, yes.

Otherwise this will go on for 17 months, the OP will have had a child and moved to Murika with 3 medium bikes while we all bikker amongst ourselves over set back seat posts and flat vs riser bars

Personal preference - some like it, some don't. That's why they are available to buy. Duh.

Ok I concede that if used to get your 'knee over pedal' correct and not to change/affect reach then yes it's fine :thumbup:

please accept my humblest apologies

Thanks for all your replies...i will trust your advise as well as the bike shop manager.

Medium it will be!!!

Cant wait to get on the tracks!!!

Edited by kees21

Just leave it at a medium, yes.

Otherwise this will go on for 17 months, the OP will have had a child and moved to Murika with 3 medium bikes while we all bikker amongst ourselves over set back seat posts and flat vs riser bars

You left out bar ends.

Noob.

I'm currently on a 26 medium and feels abit small for me, I'm 1.83m, I'm thinking of upgrading to a large 650B. Does that sound right?