Hydration systems for TT bikes

TYWALK

Any systems anyone would recommend ?

Was thinking of not going for the straw option and just doing a slip out bottle system in between the tri bars.

Had the profile design bottles, and didn't really like them very much. I found that they spilled all over the show.

Now i use a xlab torpedo system with the bottle.

I also had the whole profile design straw thing going. Nothing wrong with it, but it does spill all over the show.

Switched to the Xlab torpedo system, and haven't looked back. Personal preference is the Xlab now.

Bottle cage between the bars with cables ties. It is steadier than the XLab system and 99.95% cheaper.

Spare cage on the seat tube. Don't use it unless very hot. Pick up a bottle at the top of the hills, discard before the hills.. Nothing behind the seat.

Learn to take a bottle from a volunteer.

It always amazes me at guys carrying three bottles full from the start of a race having spent thousands of rands to get a slightly lighter bike.

At IMSA you kick into the first and really only climb of the lap almost immediately. Why be 1.5kg heavier than you need to be?

It always amazes me at guys carrying three bottles full from the start of a race having spent thousands of rands to get a slightly lighter bike.

At IMSA you kick into the first and really only climb of the lap almost immediately. Why be 1.5kg heavier than you need to be?

Hahaha! As someone still learning the finer points I'm indebted to the "old" men like you for giving proper perspective...

Hahaha! As someone still learning the finer points I'm indebted to the "old" men like you for giving proper perspective...

Old man?! I am going to set my cat on you.

Old man?! I am going to set my cat on you.

Please dont hit me with your walking stick!

I agree with the 3 bottle theory on IMSA. In long training rides the 3 bottles will help.

With a new bike comes no bottle cages and no place to put spare tube, bombs etc, so just seeing whats the best options.

For spares, I carry 1 tube, levers, two bombs, adapter, self adhesive tyre patches, chain breaker, quick link and a spare bolt in a tiny soft bag with zip that goes tight under the seat with a velcro strap. There is very little that will stop me finishing the course with that.

I also have a tiny Lezyne multitool that has a neoprene pouch which velcros in front of the base of the seatpost just above the top tube. No aero penalty and instantly accessible.

I think Dave needs to post pics of his hydration cable tie system. Why do people put bottle cages on the frame like a road bike?

Bottle cage between the bars with cables ties. It is steadier than the XLab system and 99.95% cheaper.

Spare cage on the seat tube. Don't use it unless very hot. Pick up a bottle at the top of the hills, discard before the hills.. Nothing behind the seat.

Learn to take a bottle from a volunteer.

This. Its easy to take the bottle out of the cage and its aero. Everything you want.

• 2 weeks later...

camelbak :ph34r:

Don't joke

If it is 39 degrees at Midlands Ultra I will take my camelback!!

Ok so I don't have bottle cages on my frame (bottom tube)... I need to find an aerodynamic holder thingy that I can fasten there for my tools/tubes......

Anyone aware of something like this??